cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 241 of 259

Re: Emails disappearing from inbox

I was affected by this issue in October, but it seemed to be resolved and all my missing emails (and everything I had already deleted in the meantime) appeared back in my inbox without me having to do anything.....however it has started happening to me again.

I first noticed it this time at around 2pm UK time today 11th November. Anyone else observed this? Not sure whether to try and flag this to support - who don't seem to be aware of these issues anyway or be able to do anything about them - or just sit tight and wait for it to be resolved.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 242 of 259

...touching wood.  So far inflow of emails has been stable.   Thanks for alerting us though as we never got clear explanation of problem in the first place...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 243 of 259

Bt is also stripping content out of my BT emails

me too. Bt is also stripping content out of my BT emails and my outlook emails. I'm kind of sick of BT problems. so I get emails with no content.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 244 of 259

Yes me too.

BT inbox just opens new email and it's then deleted immediately, goes into trash and then it's gone from there too. 

and yesterday one came on and the entire inbox emptied that is from Outlook and in BT's own site.

What the heck is happening,???????

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 245 of 259

same here but last happening was for it to empty my entire inbox.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 246 of 259

Not sure if this will work for all but it seems to leave a copy on BT Server if you are using Microsoft Outlook.

In Outlook Go to account Settings (Depends which version you have)

Locate the More Settings Tab

Click on the Advance Tab

Delivery

Check the “ Leave copy of message on the server” 

Hope it works for you too

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 247 of 259

nickgrimshaw - This only applies to POP3 connections. I believe the problem was limited to IMAP connections using Outlook.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 248 of 259

Perhaps the problem that most this community are experiencing is because they are using multiple devices to access their mail - some configured with POP3 (like PC/laptop) and others (like iPhone/iPad) are IMAP. Does anyone know if this causes a conflict and if so what is the fix?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 249 of 259

This is a very old thread and appears to be fixed.

In answer to your question, it is perfectly possible to have a mixture of devices some POP3 and others IMAP (I do so myself), but you need to understand how they will behave. Unless the POP3 accounts are set to leave messages on the server, downloading from a POP3 client deletes the message from the server and thus is unavailable to IMAP clients. mail sent using a POP3 client will not be synced with IMAP clients and vice versa.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 250 of 259

The problem with doing that is that you get hundreds of thousands of emails stored in your bt inbox and they are so difficult to delete at that quantity! There is no "empty inbox" command.
0 Ratings