cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
motehill
Beginner
Message 91 of 242

Re: Emails disappearing from inbox

Same problem for me today. However moving them to a folder other than inbox before opening seems to work.

0 Ratings
SteveB58
Beginner
Message 92 of 242

I have two IMAP BT email accounts on our desktop version of Outlook 2016. One of them - mine - is subject to the disappearing emails problem that is the subject of this discussion. The other - my wife's - is running quite normally and without any sign of a problem.
0 Ratings
motehill
Beginner
Message 93 of 242

Happening on Outlook IMAP with BT emails also
0 Ratings
IanDG
Beginner
Message 94 of 242

Emails disappearing from inbox

My wife and I both use BT yahoo mail/IMAP/Outlook. Her email started disappearing from her inbox on the 22nd and mine started this morning. I have just joined this forum and the email to verify my address disappeared just after I used it. It disappeared from my Outlook inbox first and then from BTmail website a few seconds later. 

0 Ratings
B13blues
Aspiring Expert
Message 95 of 242

Just logged into email and the one email in my inbox disappeared before I had time to click it 😁 Wasn't important so no harm done 

0 Ratings
HolmPC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 96 of 242

Re: SteveB58 - I suspect it's a matter of time. One of the clients I have seen this with had two accounts and the second was fine yesterday, but suffering from the issue today.

0 Ratings
HowardH
Contributor
Message 97 of 242

It seems to me the only certainty, if we are using Outlook to access BTYahoo email via IMAP, is we cannot control what is happening to emails once they arrive in the inbox. They may or they may not spontaneously disappear; they may or they may not be recoverable at some time in the future. None of this is currently under our control. All we can control is whether to continue using Outlook to access BTYahoo email via IMAP. I've not used IMAP with Outlook for 36 hours, even though it seems to work fine on one of my computers and is broken as per this thread on the other, and I don't intend using it again until I hear definitely the problem has been fixed. POP and web mail seem as secure this week as they have been previously and I haven't lost an email since I stopped using IMAP with Outlook.

TrevorWatson
Beginner
Message 98 of 242

Glad its not me going mad.  Emails were fine yesterday after the major downtime but are disappearing today within seconds of being looked at.  Lets hope BT can recover what is being autodeleted as it does not end up in deleted folder.

0 Ratings
Aland1
Beginner
Message 99 of 242

I have started losing emails today. I am on BT Premium Mail. I have noticed the emails that have gone missing are from friends. Is there any way of finding them? Is BT doing anything about it?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 100 of 242

@Aland1wrote:

I have started losing emails today. I am on BT Premium Mail. I have noticed the emails that have gone missing are from friends. Is there any way of finding them? Is BT doing anything about it?

BT have responded to one user saying that they will arrive back eventually.

The thing to do at the moment is STOP using Outlook, everyone with BTYahoo accounts should - even those that are not affected, because it just might.

0 Ratings