cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 242

Re: Emails disappearing from inbox

I have the same problem. The longer the Inbox is open, the more that disappear. Emails are also disappearing from other (saved) folders.

Arghhhh!!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 242

@Keith_of_Kentwrote:

I have the same problem. The longer the Inbox is open, the more that disappear. Emails are also disappearing from other (saved) folders.

Hi, welcome to the forums.

The fact that there are now a few reports from new posters indicates that there could be a serious issue with the mail servers.

When you login to webmail, do you see a Yahoo image top left? If so it's BTYahoo. I wonder if this is the case for all posters on this topic.

This needs a moderator to try to get the information why this is happening.

0 Ratings
Catkinface
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 242

I am having the same problem. Its causing chaos for me. Does anyone know how we raise this with BT so that they do something about it?  Its causing me huge anxiety. 

0 Ratings
HowardH
Contributor
Message 14 of 242

@ Catkinface 

I phoned BT an hour or so ago at 0800 111 4567 and had a fairly lengthy chat with a very helpful guy. He told me, after checking it out with another BT tech person, that this was a known problem and was one of various other problems springing from the Yahoo mail collapse yesterday.

Having said that,  I am now seeing stability in my mail inbox. Hopefully this will be enduring.

0 Ratings
Catkinface
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 242

Thank you Howard.  Its very stressful as I have lost 2 emails offering me work before I could respond. Do you know if they are confident that the emails will be recovered in due course? 

0 Ratings
HowardH
Contributor
Message 16 of 242

@ Catkinface

I'm afraid I didn't ask about that.

0 Ratings
peterwa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 242

Yes, it is BT Yahoo in the top left hand corner

0 Ratings
Papageno
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 242

I have same problem since yesterday morning and have lost considerable number of emails.   Why does it take BT such a long time to acknowledge issues??

0 Ratings
st0ne5ish
Message 19 of 242

Exactly the same problem here since yesterday morning.  Emails arrive in the Outlook inbox and then very shortly after completely disappear.  Does not happen to the other email accounts in Outlook from other providers, I even tried uninstalling Office and reinstalling, creating a new profile, removing and adding the email account, problem remains the same.

This is VERY worrying and also very concerning that the BT status page for email shows no problems when this is clearly a major issue that is causing multiple users problems.  NOT GOOD BT!! Acknowledge the problem and update your status page so we can all see you are working on it and find out when you have fixed it.  I sincerely hope you have not lost all these emails for good and they are going to get put back into people inboxes. 

0 Ratings
HowardH
Contributor
Message 20 of 242

The stability I saw in my IMAP inbox lasted 3 hours and it has now returned to speedily deleting every email  in the inbox.

I haven't had time to test this sufficiently, but it seems this problem is not occuring in my web mail account. By which I mean, if I send and receive exclusively in web mail I do not appear to be losing emails from the inbox.

0 Ratings