cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stesha
Aspiring Contributor
Message 231 of 242

Re: Emails disappearing from inbox

I too object to it being called free when I pay for Office 365, Outlook being one of the apps included. I did this after my hard drive failed and had to pay over £200 to have the contents retrieved. With Office 365 I can sign in from any computer to get all my documents and emails etc. straight away.

Outlook has been a bit of a pain, with various glitches over the years, but I've had my @btinternet.com addresses for decades and would never be able to contact all the people that have these addresses if I switched. I also like the Outlook layout and ease of use.

0 Ratings
funkyjunky
Contributor
Message 232 of 242

I totally agree with the sentiment that the support given  by BT was appalling and seems to get he impression from them of "what do you expect from something that us free". I too would be happy to pay for a quality product and service (which is what I do for those things that I rely upon (like water, electricity, gas, etc etc) and email and internet now come into that value expectation, so the sooner they can migrate me away from Yahoo (considering the major issues they have had over the last few month) and provide some Service Level Agreement that they will respond to, rather than pretty poor best efforts the better. I am happy to pay for it

Earlybird
Beginner
Message 233 of 242

Just taken a call from a BT customer help man responding to the complaint I raised online a couple of days ago. Told me it was an issue with misaligned updates to Outlook and Bt servers which "regularly happens at weekends". He said the solution was to log in to email via BT.com and that would synch everything up.  When I explained that I had of course logged in directly to check disappearing emails which confirmed the emails HAD disappeared and no miraculous recovery occurred, he was unable to give further explanation but just wanted to confirm everything was OK now. I told him about the issues discussed and reported in this forum but got the impression he did not know anything about it and did not really want to know. Not impressed. 

Anyway, I went back to using Outlook again yesterday and seems to be working fine now. Previously deleted emails  and those that disappeared have been restored. Hopefully, end of saga.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 234 of 242

@Stesha wrote:

I too object to it being called free when I pay for Office 365, Outlook being one of the apps included. I did this after my hard drive failed and had to pay over £200 to have the contents retrieved. With Office 365 I can sign in from any computer to get all my documents and emails etc. straight away.

Outlook has been a bit of a pain, with various glitches over the years, but I've had my @btinternet.com addresses for decades and would never be able to contact all the people that have these addresses if I switched. I also like the Outlook layout and ease of use.

You appear to be confusing the email service and the means of collecting email. It is certainly not a requirement to use Outlook to collect email, there are many free alternatives. You are not paying BT for Office 365, you are paying Microsoft.

BorderReiver
Contributor
Message 235 of 242

Things have gone quiet on this thread.  I assume that most people have had their missing emails recovered.  However, I've not heard whether it has been confirmed that it is safe to start using Outlook again.  Anybody heard from a reliable source?

0 Ratings
HolmPC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 236 of 242

My clients are using Outlook again, with no reported problems so far.
0 Ratings
excats2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 237 of 242

I use Outlook all the time, and have had no further problems.

0 Ratings
Aland1
Beginner
Message 238 of 242

I too have been using Outlook and not had any further issues with it.

0 Ratings
BorderReiver
Contributor
Message 239 of 242

Thanks all.  Have restarted using Outlook and, so far, no visible problem of disappearing emails

😉

0 Ratings
Adamurquhart
Beginner
Message 240 of 242

This started happening to me yesterday. The emails remain for a few hours and then are gone!. Contacted BT but helpdesk for emails is down. Then I started a chat online and after many basic questions was told that the issue would be raised to level 2 and they would phone me in 24 hours. Will wait and see!

0 Ratings