Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveB58
Beginner
Message 41 of 242

Re: Emails disappearing from inbox

Re: first occurence of the problem. 

I experienced this first at about 07:00BST on the morning of the 22nd. This appears to put the problem in existence before the wider Yahoo mail issue developed later that afternoon. The BT 'Level 2' engineers are currently attributing BT mail's problems to the Yahoo outage, but I'm not convinced this is the case.

0 Ratings
HowardH
Contributor
Message 42 of 242

@  SteveB58 

Re: first occurrence of the problem.

Papageno also posted he first experienced the problem in the morning of the 22nd, before the Yahoo mail outage.

0 Ratings
bfcs
Beginner
Message 43 of 242

Confirmed morning of the 22nd, that's when I started to get calls from my customers.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 44 of 242

@SteveB58wrote:

The BT 'Level 2' engineers are currently attributing BT mail's problems to the Yahoo outage, but I'm not convinced this is the case.

I'm not either, however as it only affects some people's accounts using Outlook, and not others also using Outlook. So they need to look at specific examples rather than a more general issue to get a handle on the reason. I hope that they are.

Edit: having checked dates of reports again, it might be an earlier fault that then went into the major outage - so perhaps associated.

It is quite strange that over the years in these forums, quite a lot of email problems do crop up with Outlook as a common client being mentioned. That might of course be due to it being bundled with a PC and people using it rather than other clients.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 45 of 242

@HowardHwrote:

@  SteveB58 

Re: first occurrence of the problem.

Papageno also posted he first experienced the problem in the morning of the 22nd, before the Yahoo mail outage.

The Yahoo outage seemed to occur later on 22nd judging by reports, but that could have been a secondary fault that may have manifested itself initially with some users seeing their emails disappear when using Outlook earlier in the day.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 46 of 242

What version of Outlook are people using ?

(Sky forums don't have any reports of this issue, despite them using Yahoo as their supplier)

0 Ratings
peterwa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 242

I was advised this morning to use the 'Repair' option, under Account settings for my IMAP account in Outlook. So far, it seems to have worked. E-mails appear to be stable. 

0 Ratings
funkyjunky
Contributor
Message 48 of 242

Try copying to "inbox2" and not moving the emails 

0 Ratings
funkyjunky
Contributor
Message 49 of 242

It all depends how you set up your email clients. If you iPhone was set up as POP and not IMAP they will not be deleted, however if IMAP they will

I have iPhone, Laptop Outlook and webmails and when they disappear, they disappear from them all within a few seconds. These are all set up as IMAP

0 Ratings
HowardH
Contributor
Message 50 of 242

@ Andy_N

I am using Outlook  Version 1909 Build 12026.20334 Click-to-Run

0 Ratings