cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Papageno
Aspiring Contributor
Message 61 of 242

Re: Emails disappearing from inbox

it seems that the only fact we know related to Yahoo server problems.  The rest is rather blurry.  I use Outlook for other email accounts and have had no problems.     The pathway Yahoo>BT>Outlook is a mystery to me.

0 Ratings
funkyjunky
Contributor
Message 62 of 242

That is not my experience, emails disappear even when Outlook it closed
0 Ratings
HowardH
Contributor
Message 63 of 242

This problem is not exclusive to BT Yahoo IMAP.  Here, for example, is a copy of a post from the Sky email help forum:

This is clearly far from resolved.  9 e-mails which I have received over the past 2 days, and have responded to have dissapeared from both my outlook and webapp inboxs AGAIN this morning (the sent e-mails are still in the sent items folder, so I know I actually received them). 

Delivery recepits are not being notified.  Down detector is showing problems with Yahoo Mail again this morning.

And here is an exchange from Downdetector, Yahoo Mail,

Steve (a day ago)

Every email I open, reply to or forward still disappears from my inbox. I am in London. It disappears from the server as well as from my device. It's been like this since yesterday morning. Unusable!

Nicola (a day ago)

Same happening here Steve. Just spoke to Sky and they have admitted there Yahoo and Sky servers are being investigated as are not working properly and being worked on now. They are trying to retrieve everyone's lost emails from the servers. They have no timeline as to when this will be working again.

I find some comfort in knowing the problem is not confined to BT Yahoo IMAP.

AngusK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 64 of 242

Cold comfort, I'd say. Whether it's a problem which Sky is experiencing as well or not, it still points to Yahoo since I believe that Sky email is hosted by Yahoo (and, by extension, BT). 

0 Ratings
Papageno
Aspiring Contributor
Message 65 of 242

I stopped using Outlook to retrieve BT account emails at 10.56 this morning.  So far, touch wood, all incoming BT emails have opened and REMAINED  in BT webmail.  I don't even dare delete those I do not want!!

0 Ratings
Message 66 of 242

Hi Everyone,

I'm really sorry about the problems you're having with emails disappearing from your inbox, we're currently working with Yahoo to resolve this and as soon as I have any further updates I'll post back here.

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
bfcs
Beginner
Message 67 of 242

Hello Neil,

Please can you update your service status web page to reflect what you've just said. Then people can stop wasting their time trying to work out what the problem is, I know people that have spent hours thinking it might be a problem with their computer not your service.
Also it might benefit your helpdesk in reducing the calls from people requesting updates.

Thanks.
0 Ratings
AngusK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 68 of 242

Hi Neil,
Do you think there is any chance (through mail server backups, etc) that we will get the deleted mails returned, or is the likelihood that they are gone for good?

0 Ratings
Message 69 of 242

@bfcs I'm really sorry that it's not shown on the status pages yet I've fed that back to the relevant team.

@AngusK I'm afraid I can't answer you at this point but I can assure you that BT and Yahoo are working hard to resolve the fault.

Distinguished Guru
Message 70 of 242

@NeilOwrote:

@bfcsI'm really sorry that it's not shown on the status pages yet I've fed that back to the relevant team.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. When multiple people have the same issue and new posters come here to post about it, there must be something seriously wrong. This should surely have been acknowledged a couple of days ago by the helpdesk. Maybe they simply don't understand anything.

@AngusKI'm afraid I can't answer you at this point but I can assure you that BT and Yahoo are working hard to resolve the fault.

Do you talk to other ISPs, e.g. Sky in this case as it's affecting their users too - a double ISP approach might be better than dealing individually with them

0 Ratings