cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martroe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 71 of 242

Re: Emails disappearing from inbox

Well, this is happening to me as well and like most others this has been happening for the last 2 days.

Just had a lengthy chat with Support (which I asume to be offshore) who have told me they will escalated it and should get it resolved within 48hrs. The girl I spoke to said she had never heard of this happening in all the time she had worked for BT. Obviously support are not aware of this problem that is clearly not an isolated incident.

Lost a couple of important emails over the last couple of days and I have now resorted to dragging anything important out of outlook so I have a copy in case the email disappears. 

That has proved to be a wise decision as some of those emails have already disappeared. The problem comes when you see an email notification on your phone and before you can try and copy it be some means it disappears. 

The thing is, it is random and doesn't happen to every email.

I hope this isn't going to be another email issue BT cannot resolve for years.

0 Ratings
HowardH
Contributor
Message 72 of 242

I have now been using Outlook to connect to my BTYahoo email account via POP (leaving the mail on the server) for around 24 hours, alternating with web mail (for filing the emails into folders on the server). I have not lost any emails as far as I am aware. (I did not delete the IMAP account in Outlook but stopped it connecting automatically. See other posts from me in this thread for details).

And people might wish to know this  thread has now been cross-referenced in the Sky help forum Sky helpforum email

0 Ratings
excats2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 73 of 242

I have also just spoken to Support - she seemed very well aware of the problem, and said that they had received loads of complaints about it.  They are apparently onto it, and it should be sorted out today.  We should get all our emails back.  Something to do with only two servers working?  The third needs to be recified?  Not sure about that but it did all sound very encouraging.......

martroe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 74 of 242

Seems looking at the Sky forum that we may have one thing in common. Yahoo!!

Is your mail through the BT server or are you still linked to Yahoo? (I was never migrated by BT and am still on the Yahoo servers.

0 Ratings
John1799
Beginner
Message 75 of 242

Just had BT contact me (responding to my complaint two days ago).  Yes, she did say that I'd get all my emails back, but not today,  . . . still working with Yahoo and they promise to get back to me with an update in a week !  (Between 4-6pm Thurs to be exact :-))

0 Ratings
excats2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 76 of 242

I think we are on BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 77 of 242

@excats2wrote:

I think we are on BT.

When in webmail, is there a Yahoo image top left? If so, your account is BTYahoo.

From what I've seen, this doesn't affect BTMail users as it's purely a Yahoo fault.

0 Ratings
Papageno
Aspiring Contributor
Message 78 of 242

I was never migrated.   Email is still branded BTYahoo.  In fact, recent notification announced a new email template to be introduced in response to complaints about the interference of pop up advertisements in email messages...

0 Ratings
funkyjunky
Contributor
Message 79 of 242

Just had a call from BT support with some interesting comments. I really don't think they are taking this seriously.

They said that it had been escalated to engineering yesterday!! After having been reported multiple times since I reported it on Tuesday. 

They said that keeping logged into the web email client as well as other clients would stop it happening, which I of course rejected as it doesn't.

They then also gave me the link to the email recovery process (but that I believe is for whole account recovery and I am not going to start trying that whilst the problem is still happening (which it did just 2 minutes ago!)

She then said that she would call me back with an update next Tuesday (which will be a whole week since it started happening.

So it seems that they still have no idea why it is happening and don't seem to care about the problems it is causing.

When I said this she started saying that other things like your TV, fridge etc!!! can break so should just accept it. Cheek, and says it all. I wish I could go out an buy a replacement TV, Fridge etc or get someone around who knows how to fix them, which I cant with BT, they have us by the $£%$£^%*&

Don't say it, I know I could sign up to another email provider (which I have) but like many of you out there have had this address for 10's of years and hundreds of people have it for me!!

Frustrating or what, but I guess knowing BT over all these years, I shouldn't be surprised should I!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 80 of 242

@funkyjunkywrote:

Just had a call from BT support with some interesting comments. I really don't think they are taking this seriously.

BT support should not be guessing and spouting potential incorrect information - mind you then seem to do this all the time.

It's a Yahoo fault, and looks to be affecting all their partners including Sky and AT&T.

0 Ratings