cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HowardH
Contributor
Message 81 of 242

Re: Emails disappearing from inbox

Followed Andy_N's comment about AT&T and found a thread in the AT&T email help forum where exactly the same problem with disappearing emails is happening - the relevant posts for us are from the third of 29  https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/emails-disappear/td-p/5833582

Note Outlook and IMAP feature prominently, as here.

0 Ratings
HolmPC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 82 of 242

I run a PC support company and have had this reported by multiple customers since yesterday.

The common factors are Outlook, BTInternet email and IMAP

I've been into a customer account and created a brand new email address, added this to a new profile in Outlook and tested, and it's completely reproducible. When any new email is read, the email below it in the inbox is deleted. It does not go into deleted items or any other folder, it just disappears completely.

At least two of these customers have reported it to BT and both have been told that it's not BT's issue.

0 Ratings
RafalNap
Beginner
Message 83 of 242

Exactly same problem since Wednesday. Reported to BT twice, end of today's call with BT consultant:

- BT: not BT's issue, contact Outlook support.
- Me: You mean Microsoft Support?
- BT: No, Outlook support.

😡

I give up!

0 Ratings
bazajohn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 84 of 242

@HolmPCwrote:

I run a PC support company and have had this reported by multiple customers since yesterday.

The common factors are Outlook, BTInternet email and IMAP

I've been into a customer account and created a brand new email address, added this to a new profile in Outlook and tested, and it's completely reproducible. When any new email is read, the email below it in the inbox is deleted. It does not go into deleted items or any other folder, it just disappears completely.

At least two of these customers have reported it to BT and both have been told that it's not BT's issue.

I getting the same issue on Outlook using my sky.com  e-mail address e-mail's disappearing 

0 Ratings
bfcs
Beginner
Message 85 of 242

Awful service, maybe NeilO the moderator can explain after 3 days of this:

1. Why is your status page is STILL not showing there is a problem with email? People can't find out what's going on unless they want to spend ages on the phone waiting to get connected to support which leads me onto the second point.

2. Why is your helpdesk STILL confused about whats going on, why are they directing people to call Microsoft or telling them it's a problem with their computer when it's clearly a problem with the rubbish email service your repackaging from Yahoo.

3. Why after all the historic problems with Yahoo's service are you still using them?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 86 of 242

If it is happening across various ISPs and the common denominator is Yahoo it would appear to be a Yahoo problem which has also been acknowledged by  the moderator in message 69 so I would suggest that you do not delete accounts, blame Outlook or try and resolve the problem by changing setting on your email account or device which will no doubt cause more problems than it solves.

I would suggest that you wait until there is an update either from the moderators of the forum or from Yahoo.

0 Ratings
AngusK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 87 of 242

Perhaps somebody can put me right here. I totally accept that there are problems with the Yahoo mail servers. Even Yaboo/BT acknowledges this. However, why is it a problem only when Outlook access emails? Why isn't it a problem when my phone's IMAP client or Microsoft Mail (Windows 10) accesses the servers? Surely *some* of the blame has to be with Outlook 2016 and the way it implements IMAP, doesn't it? 

0 Ratings
bfcs
Beginner
Message 88 of 242

No it's not an Outlook software problem I have customers that have multiple IMAP accounts in Outlook and only the BT (Yahoo) ones have a problem. I'm guessing they have a bunch of mail servers load balanced and code that detects and directs Outlook queries to one particular server that is down or has a fault.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 89 of 242

However, the problem is not general. I have a BTYahoo IMAP email address using Outlook 2010 and that seems to be working OK. It would be interesting to know if the problem is confined to one particular edition of Outlook.

0 Ratings
Message 90 of 242

OK, try this, it got some of mine back but I have no idea how or why:
In webmail
Create a folder and call it rescued emails or something similar.
Create a search for *.co and see what comes up. In my case some of the lost emails appeared. I then marked them all as unread and copied them to the new folder.
Repeat using different search terms eg *.com, *.co.uk

If it doesn't work in webmail try it in outlook.

Good luck.
0 Ratings