cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PTickler
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Emails from Client failing regularly

I am regularly (i.e. several times today) getting error messages from Norton telling me that emails sent from my Microsoft outlook 2010 client are not being sent successfully because I am losing connection with my mail server. My email address is a Btinternet.com one and I am using BT Infinity Broadband, so there is only one place for the buck to stop. I have tested it by sending emails to myself, and whenever I get the error message, I never receive these test emails, so I know the message from Norton is accurate. My understanding is that you are going to jettison Yahoo soon - the question is when? It is absolutely infuriating and has been carrying on for some time. The fact that an email is in my sent items no longer means it has been sent successfully.  Many of the emails I send are business ones, so I really need a satisfactory answer.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Emails from Client failing regularly

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members, who are only BT customers, can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

If your problem cannot be resolved here, then your problem can be passed on to the UK based, BT Care team.

If you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings
PTickler
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

I wanted to know if other people using MS Outlook or other email clients were having the same problems. I have spoken too BT and was merely told that it was a known problem and that they are intending to get rid of Yahoo.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Have you tried turning off the scanning of out going emails on Norton when you send your test email per chance it is Norton causing the problem?

0 Ratings
PTickler
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

No I haven't. It goes against Norton's default. Also I have found the error occurs even when sending the simplest test emails to myself.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Does that mean you're not going to try it? It was to try and eliminate possible causes. There are known problems with Outlook and other email clients asking for password log ons but I haven't heard of your problem.

0 Ratings