Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 24

Re: Emails from inbox disappeared prior to 09 August 2019

@Sue409wrote:

When I log in via a web browser,  I have no messages in my inbox prior to 21:00 on 09 August.  I have a BT yahoo in the top left hand corner.  The email address is a btinternet email address, which has been in use since 2003. 

Thanks for the info.

They shouldn't disappear of course, and I would suggest a moderator investigates this.

You may like to try :-

https://www.bt.com/help/emailrecovery

but I would hope a moderator can check first

Sue409
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 24

Thank you! That’s really useful. How do I contact a moderator? 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

Hi @Sue409,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. I'm sorry your emails are missing from your inbox.

Have you tried the email recovery through the link https://www.bt.com/help/emailrecovery as suggested by @Andy_N?

We should be able to restore emails that have been lost or deleted within the last seven days.

If you send me in your details, I'll be able to ask my colleagues in the BT Email to investigate to see if we can better understanding of why this has happened.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me. You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Sue409
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 24

Thanks Paddy - I have replied to your private message with information.

Am going to request a restore.

0 Ratings
Sue409
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 24

My husband took a call from BT,  they have asked that I check the emails are not in spam or deleted. I can confirm the missing emails are not in spam or deleted.

They did not leave a number or an email to contact them back on - hope this is the right channel.

@PaddyB  - can you forward as appropriate?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

Hi, @Sue409 thanks for replying, it was me who called, can you login to webmail on this link www.bt.com/mail and check the Trash folder?

0 Ratings
Sue409
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 24

Hi there - none of the missing emails in trash/deleted items . Nor spam

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

Hi @Sue409  thanks for checking that and posting back to let us know. @NeilO  will be back in the office tomorrow afternoon and I'll let him know the emails were not in the folders.

cheers
John

0 Ratings
Sue409
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 24

My desktop is configured to retain messages on the server - it has been set up like that since I got the laptop in 2012.

I actually don’t want to sync the mailboxes, as use laptop and mobile devices for different purposes for the email. 

0 Ratings
dsoltero
Message 20 of 24

Is your email client on desktop Outlook? If so, settings can mysteriously change to remove emails from server after default 14 days. Open Outlook on desktop, then:  File/Info/Account Settings/   Select your email address, then:  Click "Change" tab, which takes you to POP Account Settings. There tick the Mail settings you want - and UNTICK "Remove from server after 14 days".

I suspect that the switch to 14 days is a gift from latest Microsoft update (rather as it changes network sharing settings at each update).

0 Ratings