cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tundew
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Emails going to Bulk Mail Folder

For the past several months, some of my emails keep going to the Bulk Mail folder. I cannot see a way to remove that folder. I have marked several of the emails as not junk but emails from those clients keep going in there. This is really annoying especially now looking for job and all the job alerts keep going there no matter what i do.

Can anyone assist as BT does not seem able to resolve such problems and i can see this has been happening for years and people have mentioned on the community.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Emails going to Bulk Mail Folder

Not much you can do but as a workaround just set a rule to move any mails received in the bulk folder to the inbox

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Re: Emails going to Bulk Mail Folder

I have presumed you are using the BTMail system and not the BTYahoo system. If so, have you tried adding the senders into your "safe senders" list.

You will find this in Settings > Mail > safe senders.

0 Ratings
AllanF
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Emails going to Bulk Mail Folder

I've just had a look at this as it is annoying. Here's what I have concluded.

If you log onto your BT 'Web Mail' site, you can delete the Bulk Mail folder and in my situation an additional Drafts folder below it.

However, I access my BT mail via Outlook, but Outlook will NOT let you delete those folders. Having logged out then back into Web Mail and opening Outlook between logging out and back in, they appear again on my BT web mail page.

Therefore the suggestion is that these folders are created by Outlook when you set up mail retrieval for IMAP servers in Outlook. So you are stuck with them like it or not!!!

0 Ratings