Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rt2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 28

Re: Emails going to trash

Go to solution

No change John.

Could it be to do with my contacts list which was missing after the hack?   I reinstated my contacts list afterwards. 

One or two emails are coming in direct - to experiment I have deleted 3/4 of my contacts to see if that makes a difference.

Anything else you suggest?

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 22 of 28

Go to solution

@rt2 I'm sorry this is still happening, even after the password reset. @JohnC2 is out of the office for a few days and he's asked me to look after this case while he's away.

I have contacted the team again, I'll update you once I hear back from them.

Just wanted to recap (please do correct me if I'm wrong with any of this): you only access your emails via webmail. You do not have an email client and you no longer use an app to access your emails.

You do not have any filters set up, and you've reset your password a couple of times over the last few weeks as well.

You mentioned there that one or two emails did go to your inbox.

To clarify, are these from contacts you had on your contact list (after you re-instated it)? Are the rest coming from addresses that aren't on your contacts list, or is it a bit of a mixed bag?

Thanks

0 Ratings
rt2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 28

Go to solution

It is a mixed bag - maybe one email out of 20-25 is getting through direct.    I can't work it out.  Robert

0 Ratings
rt2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 28

Go to solution

It's a mixed bag  - maybe 1 email out of arounsd 25-30 is getting through direct, and I can't work why they are.  Unknown email addresses occasionally get through,  but most go direct into trash.  Same with those emails addresses in my contact list - most go into trash.  

I have reduced the number of contacts by 3/4 a week ago, to see if that made any difference, but it has not.

Robert

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 25 of 28

Go to solution

@rt2 I'm delighted that this is finally sorted.

As an update for anyone following this thread:

There were two filters set up on this account to move all emails into the Trash folder, however they were labelled as " . " (i.e. a dot / a full stop).

This made is virtually impossible for @rt2 to notice them, as the dots weren't even close together on the web page, and did not arise any suspicions.

The email team actually told us to check the dots, and they were indeed filters.

rt2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 28

Go to solution

My sincere thanks to the BT team, especially John,  for staying with this one and finding the solution.   I'm really grateful - thank you all.  

Distinguished Guru
Message 27 of 28

Go to solution

@rt2wrote:

My sincere thanks to the BT team, especially John,  for staying with this one and finding the solution.   I'm really grateful - thank you all.  

Hi. As a matter of interest, do you know how these filters were set up? Could you see them in your filter settings area?

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 28 of 28

Go to solution

@Andy_N I believe these were in the Filters settings section - @rt2 do correct me if I'm wrong!

0 Ratings