cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msage
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

Emails not always received

Anyone else having issues with emails not being received?
I had an issue early July and now again today I got a phone call from a colleague saying they had sent me a message.

I looked - no email. However I sent him an email & got an immediate response. He sent a copy of the original email & it had the correct address etc & he didnt get a delivery failure notification so where is it?! Not on my computer etc & not on the BT web email page.

Spoke to BT who said they had (again!) email server issues and give it 48hrs.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
spursman1
Contributor
Message 2 of 16

Re: Emails not always received

I've had very similar issues and always been fobbed off by BT.

Approximately 10 emals received since midnight were actually sent by the sender Friday morning/early afternoon.

Will this ever be resolved? Can a mod explain the issue and if a permanent fix is on the horizon? It's an embarrassing situation because I have had people think I am ignoring their emails!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Remers
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

This has been happeing to me for approx' the past week. Any updates?

0 Ratings
RayP
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 16

Yes, I also have the problem of emails not being received. I subscribe to a daily feed from Metcheck.com - a weather service.

I was receiving them regularly for months and then in early July they ceased abruptly. Took it up with Metcheck and they confirmed it was not a problem at their end as no-one else had reported the problem. I eventually took it up with BT last week and level 1 support couldn't even see it let alone fix it (surprise surprise!!) so it was escalated to level 2.

Yesterday I did have 2 emails from Metcheck but none today. Very frustrating especially when BT can't find the problem. Still waiting to hear back from level 2. Seems it's quite a widespread problem.

I did query with BT why I was still logging in via a Yahoo link when my mail has now been switched to BT Mail. That foxed them too! It's about time BT brought support back to the UK as India support seems weak.

0 Ratings
msage
Beginner
Message 5 of 16

Had call with BT today. No solution so raising it to next level - whatever that is.

In a sad way I found it amusing that when I tried to post on this message board & had to create account as I hadnt posted before, I couldnt get on as I didnt get the verification email!! I tried 3 times & eventually got an email to verify. The emails from the 1st 2 attempts came through the following day. So dont even get BT emails!!

0 Ratings
spursman1
Contributor
Message 6 of 16

I'm still experiencing significant delays with emails received. Happens virtually every day.

Can a mod assist?

0 Ratings
msage
Beginner
Message 7 of 16

BT acknowledge they have an issue but - after speaking to 2 "managers" - they don't have a clue how to solve it. They admit to "server issues" and their suggestion is to clear your browser history as this blocks up their server!! I asked to be moved to the same server as their CEO but that fell on deaf ears. Just told to wait & report any issues. Only issue this weekend has been 1 email taking 30mins to arrive.

0 Ratings
annegray01
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 16

Having the same problem.
0 Ratings
belle55
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

I've been having the same problem since 31 July - I receive some emails but several people have texted me delivery failure messages from emails they've tried to send me.  BT callcentre is a complete waste of time - they deny there is a problem, saying it must be me.  They have told me continuous lies (including that they tried to phone me and I refused to give my details) and they do not respond to complaints.  I simply don't know where else to do - you just get stuck in a call centre loop and nobody seems to have a clue or give any kind of consistent response.  BT are going to lose even more customers if they cannot sort out their customer services.  That it takes over one hour to get anyone to even answer the phone on 0800 800150 or 08001114567 EVERY DAY should be a sharp wake up call to any company that they have a MAJOR problem.  As for the quality of communication - I rate this BELOW ZERO.

I am so disgusted and dissatisfied with BT.  Does anyone have a contact number for someone IN THE UK that I can talk to about escalating a complaint?

0 Ratings
RayP
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 16

I wrote a letter to Head of BT Customer Services in London. Google it and you'll get the address.

But doing that still didn't solve my problem with login problems to my Yahoo mail account. It eventually cleared when BT moved me to BT Mail. But more by accident than design I suspect.

Even after writing my letter I still got the phone call from India. No-one from the UK could be bothered even when you are obviously really **bleep** off at their appalling service.

I think the only way this is going to be sorted is by involving either the BBC or Which? BT are in a bubble and no-one can get to them. Even the moderators here read all this and do absolutely nothing. But should you break the rules by posting a link to a rival service they'll soon be on your case.

What's the point of moderators when they're only purpose is to protect BT and not serve the customers who pay their salaries. Smiley Mad

0 Ratings