cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Emails not arriving

Go to solution

Over the past few months 5bemails from one email address have failed to arrive. Another from a different email address failed to arrive this week. I asked for it to be sent to my husband's email address -also@@btinternet.com address. It failed to arrive. There is nothing (unusually absolutely nothing) in spam folders, nor have either email addresses or domains been blocked by us - we don't know the email addresses as they didn't arrive from either of business. I can't find anything in our settings to account for this. BT seems to have randomly blocked these 2 email addresses.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Emails not arriving

Go to solution

Happens all the time unfortunately, the BT mail spam filtering is a complete and utter shambles. If you need to ensure important emails arrive, use a Gmail address.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you, however nothing arrives in spam folder. Just no evidence of any email from either of these 2 businesses

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

What BT regard as absolute spam doesn't arrive in your spam folder, it is deleted at the server. If it didn't, your spam folder would receive thousands of emails a day. Unfortunately, the BT spam algorithms are about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

The only mail that goes to your spam folder is what BT regard as indeterminate for the user to decide whether it is spam or not.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Understood. Thanks for your help
0 Ratings