Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Emails not being received

In the last couple of days my BT email has being playing up. I can compose an email using Outlook 2016 or the BT Web Mail. The emails are being sent but I don't think they are being delivered.

I have sent emails addressed to myself and they have always been delivered previously. Now they don't appear. On one or two occasions the email has popped up in the Outlook inbox and then disappears, never to be seen again. I have no idea where it has gone to. Using the BT Webmail they appear in the sent file but never get delivered back to me.

If anyone has any ideas what may be going on I would be pleased to know.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Emails not being received

What happens if you send an email to yourself via webmail and before checking in Outlook, check in webmail to see if it is there?

Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

@George99wrote:

In the last couple of days my BT email has being playing up. I can compose an email using Outlook 2016 or the BT Web Mail. The emails are being sent but I don't think they are being delivered.

I have sent emails addressed to myself and they have always been delivered previously. Now they don't appear. On one or two occasions the email has popped up in the Outlook inbox and then disappears, never to be seen again. I have no idea where it has gone to. Using the BT Webmail they appear in the sent file but never get delivered back to me.

If anyone has any ideas what may be going on I would be pleased to know.

Hi.

Do you have a different non BTinternet email address, e.g Gmail, and try sending to that.

Sometimes the "system" might believe that receving emails "from" the account to the same account can be spam. Spammers used to use this trick years ago by forging the "from" address and sending to the same address.

0 Ratings
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for your comments. 

I gave up last night trying to sort it out. This morning I opened Outlook and I had emails in my inbox, including two from the BT Community. I am still at a loss why I couldn't receive emails yesterday. I hope it continues to work.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings