cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macotter
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Emails not pushing through to iPhone 6

My BT Yahoo Mails are not being pushed through to my iPhone 6. this has only recently stopped working i.e. being notified as soon as they arrive and may have something to do with a recent iPhone update. However I now have to manually search for new emails every 15 minutes which is not very helpful as I receive numerous business emails during the day and want to stay on top of them. Thsi certainly is an issue during email conversations with clients. Can BT Mail continue to support the "Push" function or is there a solution?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Emails not pushing through to iPhone 6

Can you not set your iphone to poll the server every <whatever interval suits> ? Certainly can on my Android.

0 Ratings
macotter
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Yes, I can use the "Fetch" feature (although I haven't tried it yet). However I would rather my emails came through immediately as before when sent. Email conversations with 15 minute intervals are not very commercial.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

I would have thought polling at 5 min frequency would be quite sufficient. The problem may be related to the general problem BT are having at the moment.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
macotter
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Minimum "Fetch" time allowed is 15 minutes. What problem is BT having at the moment which may affect this problem?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Minimum 5 minutes on my HTC One. BT have a major outage which seems to be affecting all sorts. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35472198

0 Ratings
macotter
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

that may be the case but this issue has been happening for a couple of weeks now. I also set my notifications to "Fetch" 25 minutes ago and I still has to manually upload my emails.

0 Ratings
macotter
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

The "Fetch" feature on my iPhone 6 is now not also responding. I called Apple's Customer Care (Absolutely superb service) and spent over an hour checking all my features which are working fine (Push works on iCloud email). Is there anyhting else I can do because this is very fustrating and shows BT in a bad light.

0 Ratings