cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Emails not synching to Outlook after BT outage

I have successfully used Outlook on my PC to consolidate all my emails including BT emails for some time. Last week we lost BT phone and broadband services when a car wiped out the BT box at the top of our road. Services were restored on Tuesday this week. All is well except Outlook is showing all my Gmail messages up to date but the BT inbox has not been synched since last week . All my new BT emails are visible on the website and have been delivered to Mail on my iPad and phone. I have tried deleting the BT email account on Outlook then re-adding it back. I then get a message saying the account has been synched but the inbox is still just showing email up to Wednesday 24th. I have tried Tech Support without success. Has anybody any experience of this problem or suggestions on how to fix it.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Emails not synching to Outlook after BT outage

Other than not synching does the email account in Outlook work, ie you can send and receive emails and are all your folders showing?

Have you checked the Outlook settings for the time you want to synch and that the BT server IMAP settings are correct?

BT Email server settings | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Emails not synching to Outlook after BT outage

Initially only the account name showed. None of the folders were showing. I admit I didn’t try sending an email so do not know whether that was working. After trying deleting then re-adding the account, the folders appeared but the inbox only showed messages up to the Wednesday when the outage started.

Yesterday I tried deleting the account again and re-adding it. I also re-entered the password. When I opened Outlook, three emails sent yesterday appeared in the inbox but none for the period between the outage and yesterday.  I then deleted the account again then restarted the PC and re-added the BT account and restarted the PC again. This time all the missing emails appeared in Outlook. I have tested sending and receiving mail and it now seems to be working correctly. I do not understand what happened. The outage and its repair seem to have upset Outlook in someway that has been resolved by deleting, adding and restarting. Any insights would be appreciated. Thank for your reply. 

0 Ratings