cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisdowen
Beginner
Message 1 of 20

Emails on phone

Has anyone else heard that BT are no longer 'supporting' Yahoo Mail for receiving btinternet / btopenworld.com email accounts on phones? Can no longer get emails on this app. BT recommendation is to use the email app provided on the phone! No use to me as it can only sync every 15 minutes max and doesn't push emails out. Useless for receiving email alerts from my cctv camera system. Told customer service I'm moving over to gmail.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: Emails on phone

just use gmail or another 3rd party like bluemail to pick up your btinternet email  both work without a problem

but but to answer question then - no

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
chrisdowen
Beginner
Message 3 of 20

Hi, tried bluemail but BT email didn't work with this app either - unable to connect to server error!

0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 20

Hi, the Yahoo mail app works fine for me currently on iPhone.

I have however been advised before that using Yahoo settings are at my own risk and not guaranteed to work, it may be removed at any time.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 20

I use bluemail and pick up my btinternet mail without a problem so maybe your setting are wrong

server settings  imap

mail.btinternet.com  port 993

security ssl/tls

login in btinternet.com address

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 20

Also use bluemail with no problems.

0 Ratings
chrisdowen
Beginner
Message 7 of 20

My emails were working fine on Yahoo Mail until Thursday last week. Changed my password on one of my btopenworld.com accounts, then couldn't get any more emails for that account on Yahoo Mail (other worked fine). Then I uninstalled and reinstalled Yahoo Mail and couldn't get either of my accounts. So........ maybe they work until you change something, then they're gone. Checked settings on Bluemail and they were correct and still wouldn't connect. When I asked BT customer services, they said use the generic email app on your phone.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 20

well not sure why you can't get btinternet.com email to work on bluemail but I have no problems since setup - of course I have not been changing my password which from other posts can cause problems

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 20

@chrisdowenwrote:

My emails were working fine on Yahoo Mail until Thursday last week. Changed my password on one of my btopenworld.com accounts, then couldn't get any more emails for that account on Yahoo Mail (other worked fine). Then I uninstalled and reinstalled Yahoo Mail and couldn't get either of my accounts. So........ maybe they work until you change something, then they're gone. Checked settings on Bluemail and they were correct and still wouldn't connect. When I asked BT customer services, they said use the generic email app on your phone.

Hi.

Your issue seems pretty much the common one of access failure with app/client.

I assume you can access the emails via webmail?

Unfortunately you have done all the things that not recommended to do! The thing to do is usually nothing, no password changes, no settings change, no uninstall/reinstall apps etc.

By doing anything, that can cause even more issues that you've now seen. If one of your accounts worked in Yahoo Mail before you re-installed it, then that indicates you've probably made a mistake in one or more of the settings.

Note that the accounts might be BTYahoo, but they are not Yahoo accounts - so attempting to add as a Yahoo account could fail. The servers can be the Yahoo ones, but may not always work.

0 Ratings
chrisdowen
Beginner
Message 10 of 20

Unfortunately, sometimes you have to change passwords. The problem clearly rests with BT. I was told by a customer service rep that their 'relationship' with Yahoo had failed and, as usual, it's customers who suffer most. I'll just migrate my emails to Gmail over the next few months, then when it comes to renewal time with BT, I'll be in a better position to change providers.

0 Ratings