Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Emails open in large type and attachments are obscured

Go to solution

My computer is a Mac with Mojave (10.14.6); my browser is Safari. I am on the Yahoo! version of BT email.

A new phenomenon has arisen.  If I view my received BT emails in my browser, i.e. as webmail, and click on one to read it, it now opens in very large type-size — and, what is really annoying, any attachments at the foot of the message are obscured. (This only happens on my Mac; on my iphone, emails open in normal type-size and attachments can be seen and opened as usual.)

I cannot find any settings in Email to account for this behaviour. Can anyone suggest a way to stop this behaviour on my Mac?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Emails open in large type and attachments are obscured

Go to solution

I have to add to my previous post about emails opening in large type and obscuring attachments.

After posting, I went back to my inbox and saw a small icon near top left that I had never noticed before. I tried clicking on it, and lo and behold — the misbehaviour has been cured! The only remaining problem is that I cannot find the magic icon any more, so I shall be in trouble again if the large-type misbehaviour recurs.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Have you tried clearing the history/cache and cookies from your browser?

EDIT: Posts crossed.

0 Ratings
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you very much, gg30340. The problem has now been solved, but if it recurs, I shall do what you recommend.

0 Ratings
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

The problem has recurred, and I can no longer see the small icon that previously seemed (temporarily, as it has turned out) to solve the problem. So I cleared all history, caches and cookies. But the misbehaviour is still happening. Further help would be much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I have once again found a solution myself. In Safari > View, I clicked 'Hide Reader', and the misbehaviour went away. Permanently? Probably, but if not, the same procedure can be repeated.

Pity about my History, but all's well that ends (?) well.

0 Ratings
Michael_Graubart
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

The saga continues. Having yesterday turned Reader View off, today it was on again. Clearly 'Show Reader View'' is (or had somehow become in my case) the default setting for my emails. But I now have a more stable solution, which may help other Mac users, too. 

When you have your inbox open, go to Safari/Preferences/Websites tab/Websites/Reader/mail.yahoo.com [or bt mail]/Off.

This will make the normal view the default. If Reader View is desired for particular emails, it can still be turned on in the View menu.

0 Ratings