cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Emails sending in code

For about a week, my longer emails are sending all or partially in code. Sample below. Cannot find online why/ how to solve. Help appreciated to fix please.

EN-GB">

mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-latin;color:#161616;background:white;mso-fareast-language:
EN-GB">Take all pitch measurements, tile lap sampling etc to inform for your proposal for 'holistic' works to take forward to a major project. mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB">

mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-latin;color:#161616;background:white;mso-fareast-language:
EN-GB">Similar for rear aspect (no valley work done there, to my knowledge)mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB">

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Emails sending in code

Hi @user525, do you use an email client or BT webmail? If you're using BT webmail try changing the format drop-down from Plain to Rich.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for replying, Neil.
Format dropdown is already on Rich.
It's only happening sometimes, but creating confusion and I am having to check my sent mails.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for getting back to us @user525.

Is this is happening solely through our webmail, IE on https://www.bt.com/mail?

Are you copying and pasting any of your text or images into the longer emails? Let me know as I'd like to try and work out exactly what's going on.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Yes just through webmail. (I use gmail and same message in that went through fine).
I do copy and paste in text and attach images, from Word and a bit of Whatsapp. But I don't think it was solely copy paste stuff. One email, big chunks were OK and others (I think done straight into email) were coded.
I also attached a large-ish video file in one, wondered if there was a file size thing (but again, it worked in gmail).
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Re: Emails sending in code ctd

This has just happened again - email sent all in code.

I copied my text out of Word, which I regularly do if a message I need to work out before sending. No other cut and paste within that. It sent fine from a gmail account.

This is becoming a real problem, having to check I am not sending gobbledygook. Can you help please?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

It's not really relevant that it works in gmail because gmail is a totally different system and not connected in any way with BTMail.

It appears to me to be a formatting problem with rich text and copy and paste but as you have mentioned you think it also happens if you typed directly into the email that would rule that out.

However to make sure it is happening in both direct and copy and paste can you make a point of keeping a note of how you composed each email just to be sure.

Which browser are you using?

To try and establish if it is a browser problem with BTMail have you tried using a different browser?

0 Ratings