cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Emails sent to btinternet.com addresses rejected as spam

Go to solution

Hi,

Unfortunately emails sent to any btinternet.com address from our business domains are rejected as spam.

Our business email runs through Microsoft 365 Business and have SPF and DKIM records. We have no issues sending emails to any other email address and the domains are not on any global blacklists etc.

It appears that our domains are blacklisted or restricted by BT. We are a valid UK business and the outgoing emails are mainly medical appointment confirmations.

I have already spoken with my own provider and they stated in all likelihood the issue is with BT spam filtering.

I contacted BT residential support and they were not prepared to investigate or log my enquiry simply stating "the issue isn't on our side" without even asking for our email address or domain name.

Can someone from the mailserver side look into this enquiry?

Below is the returned email error: 

Error Details

Reported error:

550 5.7.350 Remote server returned message detected as spam -> 554 Message rejected on 2023/03/22 12:17:59 GMT, policy (3.2.1.1) ID (63CF35E0090540DB) - Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM

DSN generated by:

LO6P123MB6984.GBRP123.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Emails sent to btinternet.com addresses rejected as spam

Go to solution

This is a customer to customer self help forum.

You need to contact the postmaster at postmaster@btinternet.com

Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

@itpwrote:

Hi,

Unfortunately emails sent to any btinternet.com address from our business domains are rejected as spam.

Our business email runs through Microsoft 365 Business and have SPF and DKIM records. We have no issues sending emails to any other email address and the domains are not on any global blacklists etc.

It appears that our domains are blacklisted or restricted by BT. We are a valid UK business and the outgoing emails are mainly medical appointment confirmations.

I have already spoken with my own provider and they stated in all likelihood the issue is with BT spam filtering.

I contacted BT residential support and they were not prepared to investigate or log my enquiry simply stating "the issue isn't on our side" without even asking for our email address or domain name.

Can someone from the mailserver side look into this enquiry?

Below is the returned email error: 

Error Details

Reported error:

550 5.7.350 Remote server returned message detected as spam -> 554 Message rejected on 2023/03/22 12:17:59 GMT, policy (3.2.1.1) ID (63CF35E0090540DB) - Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM

DSN generated by:

LO6P123MB6984.GBRP123.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM

Hi.

You could do what some other companies have done, and that is putting a note on your website or tell people by another method that:

We are increasingly having mail delivery issues for those that have BTinternet.com, and that BT continue to ignore this issue. Please use a different email address so that we can contact you.

BT refuse to properly investigate this problem and deal with one customer complaint at a time thinking it is a new fault each time. BT do not understand this and do not get it. The management of this issue is appalling.

Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks, have received an auto-response from postmaster@btinternet.com and should hear back within 48 hours.

It's also useful to receive feedback from BT users on the other end of this issue, hence the post.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

From past experience of this forum, I wouldn't hold your breath regarding a reply within 48 hours, keep pestering them if you don't hear back.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Well, I did get the below response from BT within the stated 48 hours.

Not sure why BT helpdesk didn't suggest the postmaster email!

---

Thanks for your enquiry to BTinternet.com postmaster.

We have reported the issue to our spam engine provider and they have been able to make changes based on the information we have found in the logs. 
Emails should no longer score as spam. Please refer back to us if it is still occurring.

Regards,
BT Internet Postmaster

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Crikey!!!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@itpwrote:

We have reported the issue to our spam engine provider and they have been able to make changes based on the information we have found in the logs. 

I wonder what that actually means?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Not sure but we can now send emails to btinternet.com addresses. Looks like BT have upped their game!

0 Ratings