cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Emails sent (wrongly) to SPAM

Go to solution

I get (or got) emails from a (UK based) supplier regularly, but over the last 3-4 weeks these have been going to SPAM. I mark them as 'not spam' and 'safe sender' and they then come back into my in-box, but the next ones received are sent to SPAM again. I have checked on 'my own' records in the system, and this sender is shown for me as being a safe sender and is not showing as blocked in my information, but I cannot get it registered back to be sent to my in-box. It just keeps on going into SPAM. In general using the unblocking (or indeed the blocking) commands works -it's just this one sender who I cannot unblock.  I have blocked some domains in their entirety, but this isn't one of them. Any advice?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Emails sent (wrongly) to SPAM

Go to solution

Set up a "Rule" that any emails from the email address get sent to your Inbox.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks, I'll try that out. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Sadly this didn't work - I wrote the rule (which joined 2 others I had already created - some years ago, I'd quite forgotten, but which do still work) - but the message this morning from my source, with exactly the same name and e-mail as in the rule) has been - again - pushed to SPAM. Out of interest this has only happened since I've been on the new version of the BT Mail app - I was a trialist.  And it didn't start immediately, I don't think. But now, for this one correspondent, neither the simple method (marking non-spam and safe sender) nor writing a specific rule will 'unblock' this UK firm from SPAM. Very strange.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

I don't see how the BTMail app would be the culprit as it should basically be synchronising/replicating what is happening in webmail and not the other way around.

A simple way of checking for sure would be to uninstall the BTMail app and try using a different email app such as Bluemail to see if the problem persists.

If it does then it will point to the problem being with webmail or rather BT's spam filters that have determined that the email from the sender may be spam and as such place it into your spam folder to let you decide.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Sorry, I didn't mean the mobile mail app but BT mail on the Internet, accessed via BT Mail. BT's own mail presence. When it's stopped there in Spam it can't be accessed by Mail apps or other interfaces at all. This is via the BT site. So the problem does lie with BT Mail. Once I've got it back into the BT inbox from Spam then my other interfaces (Blue Mail for mobile, and Thunderbird on my desktop) have no problems with the source. I do know where my problem lies. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Not quite sure what you mean by that. If your mail apps are configured as IMAP, you will see exactly the same folders as webmail.

Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

As an aside for information, if you have your email apps that you do use set up as IMAP accounts they should/can show the spam folder and its contents.

Have you tried adding the domain of the sender ie  *@example.com to your safe sender list?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Yes, I've checked. It shows, in BT Mail, as a safe sender. And I've now written a rule to send any mail from that sender to the BT inbox. Neither of those work, which is why I'm on the forum. Everything on BT mail tells me that these emails should not be going to SPAM, which is why the fact that they always do is so annoying. I'm not a novice with BT Mail. I've also checked that I have not blocked the domain. I haven't. Your advice about writing a specific rule should have worked, but didn't. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

@Jules68wrote:

Yes, I've checked. It shows, in BT Mail, as a safe sender. And I've now written a rule to send any mail from that sender to the BT inbox. Neither of those work, which is why I'm on the forum. Everything on BT mail tells me that these emails should not be going to SPAM, which is why the fact that they always do is so annoying. I'm not a novice with BT Mail. I've also checked that I have not blocked the domain. I haven't. Your advice about writing a specific rule should have worked, but didn't. 

Make sure your rules don't conflict. Also check that the rules continue to check after the first rule has "finished", something like untick "Stop more rule checks" or words to that affect.

0 Ratings