cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Emails showing 'thinking circle' for ages!

Hi...so, on both my husband's Samsung phone and Asus laptop, he logs in successfully, but then while loading the emails the loading/waiting circle spins for a huge amount of time (up to 5minutes or so) before he can actually access any to read.

Some days however, they load up instantly with no issue. 

Is there a fix? He's uninstalled/reinstalled the app, tried restarting the phone, forced a stop etc, and the issue still occurs.

Any advice please 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Emails showing 'thinking circle' for ages!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I'm also getting this, but for the web page https://email.bt.com/. Often end up with a "This request took longer and timed out." error message

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I have the same problem!!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

same problem here - both on the mail App (wi fi & 5g) and web - Google and Safari. It has been really bad today. I keep hoping it will fix itself, but alas not.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Can't understand this 5am and e-mails working perfectly. 08.50 the problem has returned. Getting frustrating now has anyone got any clues. Do BT read these posts?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@davy4091 wrote:
Do BT read these posts?

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

The problem may be as has been suggested a server issue however the first thing to try is to clear your web browser's history and cookies.

If you are using a shortcut to access the BTMail log on page it may be that it is an old link that you are using so try using a fresh link such as the "EMail" button in the blue banner at the top of the this page.

If using the BTMail app I would suggest that you try a different email app such as your devices own email app or the BlueMail email app or any thing other than the BT app.

0 Ratings