Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeffS
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Emails sticking in the outbox

Go to solution

Hi
Incoming emails to my @btinternet.com address are working fine. However any attempts to send emails results in them sticking in the outbox. This is happening across my phone, PC and tablet.

This has only happened in the last couple of days - help please ?

I suspect it may be an issue as I changed my BT password. How do change to the new password to allow outgoing messages on the PC ?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Emails sticking in the outbox

Go to solution

If you can receive emails but you can not send them using all three of your devices it is unlikely to be a password issue just on your PC.  If it is a password issue it will affect the three devices.

How are you accessing your email on your PC. Is it via webmail or are you using an email client/app such as Thunderbird or Outlook?

Which email app are you using on your phone and tablet and what make are your phone and tablet?

Can you send and receive using webmail by logging in on a browser using this link?

BT Email 

JeffS
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Emails sticking in the outbox

Go to solution

Hi - many thanks for your prompt response. 

I think I have resolved  the problem as when investigating my phone ( Xperia L3 ) I worked out I was required to go into settings and input the new password in outgoing settings as well as incoming settings.  Novice error I'm afraid.

That appears to have  cured the phone / tablet ( the tablet is a Kindle Fire ). 

However rather to my surprise the PC email version ( via webmail and Chrome browser ) also seems to have cleared. Not sure why that should be but I'm not complaining !

Thanks again for your response. I'll shout if the problem recurs

0 Ratings