cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c_wks
Beginner
Message 11 of 38

Re: Emails to @btinternet.com addresses bouncing back

To answer VLT - one of the hosts I am using is also 1&1, so there may be a link there.  However I have also had the issue from another account hosted by Webfusion.  I too spent 2 hours on phone to 1&1, who tried lots of things and tested various servers.  They eventually came back and said they were sure it was a BT issue.

BT spent less than 15 mins on the phone, before giving up and blaming the senders, when I tried to get them to look at it!

It is still happening intermittently.

As Pleshey02 says, all BT wanted to do was change passwords on one of the recieving accounts - they didn't seem to realise that if 20 different accounts all failled to receive at the same time changing the password on just one of them would NOT solve the problem.

Pleshey02
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 38

To add to this string, the emails from my wife which bounced were from a 1&1 hosted email address, so it looks like it could be a problem between 1&1 and BT?

0 Ratings
VLT
Contributor
Message 13 of 38

Further up the string you’ll see a note that Webfusion is also having issues. 

0 Ratings
c_wks
Beginner
Message 14 of 38

It might well be two issues here. When I look back at the problem I had from webfusion, which only occured once on one email, it has slightly different error message.  So I may have been mistaken in assuming it was the same problem.

It is beginning to look like it is worth investigating the 1&1 to BT relationship issue more thoughly.  Possibly both have a part to play in resolving this.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 38

Well its certainly not a general problem, I have no trouble sending between my domain on 1 & 1 and btinternet.com

0 Ratings
VLT
Contributor
Message 16 of 38

Good! 1&1 have jsut emailed me telling me to alter my SPF record! 

Not got time to try until alter and I hope their instructions tell me what I need to add!!

0 Ratings
VLT
Contributor
Message 17 of 38

later not alter!
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 38

I have added

v=spf1 ip4:65.20.0.0/24 include:_spf.mail.yahoo.com include:_spf.perfora.net include:_spf.kundenserver.de ~all

0 Ratings
ChrisB
Expert
Message 19 of 38

I've had this problem and I suspect it's BT bulk email filters between 1&1 and BT. It is intermittent but I've checked it by sending my emails, via 1&1, to a Hotmail address and a BT address. When they're bounced by BT they get to Hotmail!

It's VERY annoying, particularly for those trying to contact me. if they resend, more often than not, it isn't bounced. In the past when I've complained BT claims not to use bulk email filters. I don't believe them; but I suspect that's what customer facing people are told to say. Interestingly it's more likely to bounce if the sender is on btinternet!

0 Ratings
ricardian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 38

I use 1&1 as my ISP and have two email addresses with them. One email address is for personal email and the other is for when I am the editor of our island's monthly newsletter (www.stronsaylimpet.co.uk) and send out very brief news updates about once a week to 150  subscribers. All was well until a couple of months ago when email to a random selection of btinternet.com email addresses started getting bounced back. Today I phoned 1&1 who told me to contact BT. I emailed postmaster@btinternet.com from both of my 1&1 email addresses reporting the problem. The email from my editor's email address was bounced back! I resent it and so far it seems to have been delivered.

0 Ratings