Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Emails to me not arriving

Go to solution

I have one contact who has now sent me at least 3 emails that have failed to arrive but also sent me many others that have arrived without any problem.

I have checked spam, not there.

The most recent case had two attachments (632kb & 152kb) and was sent 3 times before it got through.

Has anyone else experienced/resolved this or got any ideas as to what is preventing these intermittently?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Emails to me not arriving

Go to solution

It is possibly the email getting is not getting through because of the type/content of the attachment triggering the spam filters.

If you are on the BTMail system and not the BTYahoo system, have you tried adding your contact to your "safe sender" list?

See link and sub link about creating a "safe list".

https://www.bt.com/help/email/we-ve-updated-your-email

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@gg30340 

Thanks - I am still on BT Yahoo.  The attachments were a straightforward Word doc and pdf .

TIA

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Don't post your contact's email address but is it a main stream email address or his own domain email?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@gg30340  it is from an American domain  .to

If it was the domain I wouldn't get anything would I?  I received an email from this contact, with a Word attachment, sent on 16 June.  I now know she sent an updated version on 16th, 17th or 18th which I did not get as I chased it on 18th and she replied she had sent it, so she attached it again (with the pdf too)  on 18 June but it did not arrive, but when resent again yesterday 23rd June, it came through with the attachments.

TIA 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

When emails do not get through it is usually something to do with the sender rather than the receiver. That's not to say that it is not BTYahoo that is stopping the email.

It may be that your email contact will need to raise this with the BT Postmaster and her domain administrator to make sure everything complies with BTYahoo.

See link and ask

https://www.bt.com/help/email/fix-a-problem/sending-or-receiving-email/bt-email---best-practices-for...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@gg30340 

thanks

0 Ratings