Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grierd
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Emails to myself from btinternet.com end up in my spam folder

Hi there,

My btinternet email account has started to behave strangely. I frequently send emails to myself, often with attachments, so that I can access them on various devices. This is worked fine for many years but recently these emails have now not ended up in my inbox but instead accumulate in my spam folder.

I’m not sure of the reason for this and wondered if anyone else had the same problem and if there was a simple solution.

Many thanks,

David

6 REPLIES 6
AlanF49
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Emails to myself from btinternet.com end up in my spam folder

I regularly have the same problem.

Also, with my partner's emails sometimes being sent to my spam and mine going into her spam. Despite years of emailing each other and marking as 'not spam'.

Is typical BT programming competence!

Just wait till you get onto the 'new and improved' (BT's words) email system - is awful; we have lost emails and there are security implications with some of their 'enhancements'. Is not user friendly.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

It is probably the BT spam engine being over zealous.

If you are on the BTMail system you can log onto your email account and go to the settings that can be found by clicking on your username then go to Mail then Safe Senders. Add your email address to the address box and click Add.

If you are on the BTYahoo system you do not have a "safe senders" so all you can do is mark it as "Not Spam" and eventually the spam engine should catch up and stop placing it into your spam folder. 

0 Ratings
grierd
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

Thanks for your thoughts. There is a safe sender option but when I try to enter my email address I get the comment - can’t add self as safe sender  

Stymied

David

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Having had a similar problem to you I have my own BT email address added to my safe senders list so it is or at least was possible to do that.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

This might work but is a bit of a convoluted way of sending your self attachments.

You could set up a gmail account and set it up to forward all its received emails to your BT email address and instead of sending them to your self you send them to the gmail address which in turn forwards them to you but it is seen by BT as coming from gmail. 

0 Ratings
grierd
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Hi there,

I have a defunct gmail account that I can reactivate and try. It’s a shame as I have had no trouble with btinternet for years, until the last few months when I get seemingly random problems like this. They often resolve themselves after a day or two, but they are now becoming infuriating.

Many thanks,

David