cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Emails to particular address never arrive.

Go to solution

My brother and I both use BT email and have happily exchanged emails for many years. However, for the past few months my emails to him never arrive and I don't get anything to tell me that. His emails to me arrive OK. My emails to other people are never a problem and his emails from other people likewise. It's just those from me to him which disappear. Any ideas what's causing this?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Emails to particular address never arrive.

Go to solution

Probably BT's over zealous spam filters. Get you brother to add your address to his safe senders list.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for that Licquorice. Following your suggestion my brother went to his safe senders list and added my address but it said I was blocked. He checked his blocked senders list and saw dozens of addresses he knew nothing about but mine wasn't there. However, in that blocked list was btinternet.com which not only meant that I was blocked but so was anyone else with a BT email address! He removed that entry and now he is receiving my emails once again. Why on earth would BT want to block everyone with a BT address?! Anyway, problem solved so thanks again for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Bextonianwrote:

Why on earth would BT want to block everyone with a BT address?! Anyway, problem solved so thanks again for your help.

I cannot imagine this. It is more likely something bruv has done or he has some program that supposedly checks emails suitable for blocking.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Bextonian on the BT webmail platform there is a drop-down on the more option that allows you to choose block sender or block domain. It's likely your brother clicked on the block domain option when viewing an email send from a btinternet email address.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings