cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Emails won't send from laptop: Malware, Spam or Phishing

Go to solution
Sorry your email could not be delivered due to content policy reasons. Please check your message content for URLs, content and subject matter that could be construed as Malware, Spam or Phishing before retrying. (6-1-3-1) ID (613943C6469A6169) [Err code: 553]

I keep getting the above message on my laptop, which is hugely annoying and makes emails very difficult - I don't have any issue on my phone.  There is nothing that seemingly could be Malware, Spam or Phishing.

Help! Please!
Thanks.
Brynbo
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Emails won't send from laptop: Malware, Spam or Phishing

Go to solution

Hi @Brynbo and welcome to our community.

Sorry you're having problems with your email. Take a look at the advice posted on Solved: Email error 553 - can't send emails - BT Community and let me know if that helps.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks David.

I turned off my hub for 30mins last night and back on, but the same issue arises today - even with very simple emails, with no attachments that can't have anything to do with Malware, Spam or Phishing.

I have tried this evening using my phones hotspot and that has worked fine (phew! I have a solution).  However, why is there such an issue with via my BT hub?

Thanks

Bryn

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Brynbo ,

Thanks for the reply. At least you've found a way to make the email work but I'd like to take a closer look at this for you. I've dropped you a private message so please reply with the details.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

PM'd you.

Thanks

Bryn.

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Brynbo thanks for speaking with me this afternoon. For the rest of the community, we've established there is a VPN running on the laptop that's causing the error 553 messages.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings