Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wykendrift
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 25

Re: Entering new email contact

Go to solution

"If you select "New" contact it should open the contact list and a new contact box which you should be able to complete."

Yes, that comes up as you say.  My problem has been and remains that the only boxes that it will let me enter are the  names.  Moving down to the email, mobile, phone or address whether by cursor or tab  will not let me enter anything.

The ridiculous thing is that if I begin to enter the new email address to send an email it autocompletes so I think I'll just have to settle for keeping a hard copy of the address and, presumably, of any other new address I want to remember.

Thanks to all who tried to help. Does NOBODY else have this problem?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 25

Go to solution

Have you tried a different browser?

0 Ratings
Wykendrift
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 25

Go to solution

I'm using edge and really do not want to have to jump through any more hoops.

I'm only able to use tech at all because I was still teaching when the BBC Micro was introduced and so  was able to gently evolve for a time.  That was thirty years ago and I don't get any younger and really resent this stuff taking up so much of what must be my limited remaining life.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 25

Go to solution

Not exactly a hoop to jump through, it is just a test to determine if the problem is local to you or more general. No need to continue using a different browser if you don't want to, although you might decide you prefer Firefox or Chrome.

PS Please don't equate inability to use tech with age.

Wykendrift
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

It's not the ability to use tech or not that I equate with age but our diminished ability to continually adapt.   I know that, in my late eighties,  I don't do too badly at keeping up but I cannot pretend I relish it.

When it all goes up in a blue puff I'm going to run a low tech school where I can teach how to make bread  from scratch, light a fire and milk a cow. 

Wykendrift
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 25

Go to solution

It has become even worse. Cannot now log in to my email. This is what I get:

Cannot securely connect to this page
This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

As I obviously won't get any reply notifications   I'll just have to keep returning here to see if anyone can help. Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Wykendrift
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 25

Go to solution
See it's a BT problem not mine
0 Ratings
TotallyMadCat
Beginner
Message 18 of 25

Go to solution

Yes, I do! (And it is INFURIATING!)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 25

Go to solution

When adding a new contacts email address are you entering it in the box below the Header "EMail There is a drop down box with "Home" and beside that "Home" 

Home email.PNG

If you click on the "Home" box to the right this allows you to enter the email address.. Assuming you want it as the home address. If you want to change it to an "office" address or something else you can change its title via the "Home" box to the left.

0 Ratings
TotallyMadCat
Beginner
Message 20 of 25

Go to solution

Thank you so much, Distinguished Sage, but it was awkward to accomplish because the "Watch BT Sport" advertisement keeps re-appearing on the right of the window after beginning to type. If you have any ideas about getting rid of this, I will for ever be in your debt! TMC

0 Ratings