Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wykendrift
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 25

Entering new email contact

Go to solution

I have just tried to edit one of my contacts who has changed her email address. No luck so I deleted the old address and tried to enter it as a new contact. It will let me enter the name but that's it. Cursor just doesn't register when I try to move down to enter the address.  On the previous system  sending an email to a new address then offered the option to save.  Tried this but no joy.   Another pointless " improvement"

Are they trying to exercise our brain cells, perhaps?  All it does for me is put up my B.P. I'm beyond fed up with BT

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 25

Re: Entering new email contact

Go to solution

I have just tried to create a new contact and found that the cursor work with out problem. If your cursor is not moving have you tried using the tab button on your keyboard to move between the various boxes.

0 Ratings
Wykendrift
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 25

Go to solution

Thank you.        When I began to enter my friend's new email to test it it auto completed so that seemed good news and I posted a message but it was returned as undeliverable. A second attempt using the reply button had the same result. Now I've sent an email to someone else to check that I don't have a general system problem.  Just had answer. Test email did arrive. So I guess the problem is not mine. Will now make a bog standard call to friend to let her know situation. What a bore this all is.

0 Ratings
Wykendrift
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution

I see I am now an " aspiring contributor". All I aspire to is the chance to keep my contacts up to date. My original problem persists; I still cannot get beyond entering the name. Mouse works fine at this stage, up and down as often as I like but neither mouse nor tab will let me into the box to enter the email address.

I presume I am alone with this problem. I had no trouble t all with the unimproved BT email system. Would be very grateful for any suggestions even if it's to tell me I'm doing something stupid.... but what?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 25

Go to solution

When you try to add the email address are you clicking on the + sign to the right hand side first? This opens the box to allow an email address to be added.

0 Ratings
Wykendrift
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution

Thank you.  Have just tried that but all I get is the option to " add field" Still can't get to enter email box Absolutely nothing happens.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 25

Go to solution

Do you get this:-

contact.PNG

0 Ratings
Wykendrift
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 25

Go to solution

Thank you once more for your quick response.   Yes, that is exactly what I get, albeit a bit smaller. I'm shutting down now for the night. Sleep well.

0 Ratings
Henry65
Contributor
Message 9 of 25

Go to solution

Of all the operations I have tried, this is the most irritating and perplexing. I did speak to a short-tempered  Help desk woman who eventually guided me through the operation,  but every time since, I have had to fiddle about trying to find out how it works. It used to be so simple.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution

Wykendrift

Have you tried to let the system update your email contacts details.

Have your contact send you an email. When you receive it open the email and when it is open, click on the senders email address shown at the top of the email. This should open a box giving you an option to "Create New Contact"  or "Add to Existing Contact". Select the option that best suits you.

If you select "New" contact it should open the contact list and a new contact box which you should be able to complete.

If you select the "Add to existing" it should bring up the list of your contacts and you need to select the contact you wish to update. This will open that contacts email card and it will have entered the new email address to it. If you no longer need the "old" email address you should delete it and click on the "save" button in the menu bar.   

0 Ratings