cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Err code: 553 on outgoing emails, incoming OK.

Err code: 553 on outgoing emails, incoming OK. This is new to me but I see others have suffered it before.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
JohnC2
Message 2 of 9

Re: Err code: 553 on outgoing emails, incoming OK.

Hi @Phian  welcome to the forum and sorry that you are experiencing this error on outgoing emails. 

Are you still getting this error message?
Is it affecting all outgoing emails or just some?
Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Phian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Re: Err code: 553 on outgoing emails, incoming OK.

The problem had cleared by next morning.
It had affected all our btinternet addresses, let's hope it doesn't come back.
I really don't like the new web mail, it is not as easy to use as it used to be even when it is functioning normally.

0 Ratings
Phian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

error code 533

Once again, I am unable to send emails from my btinternet web mail. There was no web address or link of any kind in the contents.

This is the error message ;

Sorry your email could not be delivered due to content policy reasons. Please check your message content for URLs, content and subject matter that could be construed as Malware, Spam or Phishing before retrying. (6-1-1-1) ID (5ED9AFBE0C1CB46B) [Err code: 553]

0 Ratings
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 9

Re: error code 533

Hi @Phian,

Welcome back to the Community.

Sorry to hear that you are unable to send emails from BT Mail.

Do you have a signature or anything like that at the bottom of your email that may include HTML?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Phian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

No, it happens with almost nothing in the text.
This doesn't occur on every attempt, just occasionally and, eventually, it works. I can discern no pattern.
0 Ratings
NickOBriE17
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

In my case the problem was that I had a VPN working. BT's servers decided that I may be dangerous until I switched off the VPN. 

0 Ratings
stevealker
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

The existence of a VPN, even if you think that you are not using it, seems to a major issue here. I have been testing mine and sure enough, every time I turn it on, my messages get blocked. Using an account linked to Outlook, the same thing happened and as this email was hosted by IONOS, then the issue may not be simply down to BT, though in truth, I cannot really be sure as my email traffic is handled by a BT box!!

My investigations continue...

0 Ratings
Phian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

I have found the emails sometimes go out when the VPN is on but when they fail, I just turn it off until the emails have gone out so I don't think the problem lies with BT.