cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Error 550 spam, or phishing or malware

Go to solution

Since mid-October I have been getting this error on each outgoing email which contains a Dropbox link.  This worked perfectly prior to October and I need to know why this failure is occurring.  I can send the same link using a gmail account and now find the use of btinternet.com completely frustrating.  Help, please as I can see plenty of reports of similar errors.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Error 550 spam, or phishing or malware

Go to solution

Hi, @rhine1960 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're getting an error 550 message when sending emails with dropbox links. It's likely the spam filters are picking something within the links that is incorrectly blocking them. 

If you log in to webmail at www.bt.com/email can you send emails with these links?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

yes, just tested that and the links are fine.   So what is happening?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

logging in to bt webmail and attempting to send the same message, which contains a Dropbox link, works fine.  It is the use of Outlook to handle multiple email accounts and its use to send emails to customers which contain Dropbox links that is causing the pain which has only started recently.  Prior to the recent report everything has worked perfectly for the last 7 years.  So what has changed and how do we solve this without having to change the user interface to work either with google mail or BT webmail directly?

best regards,

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @rhine1960, thanks for the update and we'll look into this problem further for you. 

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll raise this for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings