cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Error 553 - what a mess - again

I'm getting error 553 issues - looks like it related to a url I was trying to send to my daughter but its not clear what it was doing as it suddenly stopped as I was analysing the issues. 

The offending url was 

https://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2020/04/martin-lewis--working-from-home-due-to-coronavirus--claim...

and I was trying to send to a user on gMail. 

I was able to send to emails on the bt servers ok Self, wife who is still on old yahoo system and it seemed ok if I forward the email to the gmail address after i had sent it to myself. I can;t actually how long this software has been around now and its not working as far as I can tell. (World beating it definitely isn;t but I guess BT have paid peanuts for it)

I've checked all the relevant threads that others have been pointed too but I have clearly refrained from checking the "war and peace" thread (196 pages and counting!). I also tried just using text as well. The message I got (sadly i didn't copy it) seemed to suggest it was the url that was offending the system but the url works and is not offensive unless you are a tax collector I guess. 

Any ideas greatfully received. 

On a lighter not I am not bothering to read a lot more emails now that the system is so sloooooooooow and continuing to repeat deleted emails when reading the next email!.

One wonder if BT has been following the Uk government of buying software without being sure the people they are buying it from are even up to the job of creating useful software.  

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Error 553 - what a mess - again

I guess there is not much interest in this error that seems to keep plagueing people including me but it definitely needs to be fixed so that one knows that an email on is creating will actually reach the outside world.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

You don't say where you see this error, I assume it's when using webmail? if so try using an email client instead

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Yes I could do that but sadly that's not what I want to do I want to be able to use the webmail system. Its the webmail system I am complaining about not the offline systems

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

@unwinawrote:

Yes I could do that but sadly that's not what I want to do I want to be able to use the webmail system. Its the webmail system I am complaining about not the offline systems

Good luck with that

0 Ratings