cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neurmech
Beginner
Message 1 of 48

Error Code: 0x800CCCDD - Your IMAP server closed the connection, KEEPS POPPING UP, WHY?

Go to solution

I have recently set up my BT mail to work with Outlook 2007, using IMAP, and now I keep getting this pop-up every few minutes.

Your IMAP server closed the connection. This can occour if you leave
the connection idle for too long.

Account: ************@btinternet.com

IMAP4rev1 Server logging out
 Protocol: IMAP
 Server: mail.btinternet.com
 Port: 993
 Error Code: 0x800CCCDD

PLEASE SOMEONE, MAKE IT STOP.

0 Ratings
47 REPLIES 47
Message 2 of 48

Re: Error Code: 0x800CCCDD - Your IMAP server closed the connection, KEEPS POPPING UP, WHY?

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 48

Re: Error Code: 0x800CCCDD - Your IMAP server closed the connection, KEEPS POPPING UP, WHY?

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Neurmech
Beginner
Message 4 of 48

Go to solution

This was just a school boy error on my part, not knowing what type of account I had, or even wanted.

It turns out I have a BT Yahoo Mail account and not a BT Mail account.

I also really wanted POP and not IMAP with Outlook 2007 anyway.

The confusion came from using my existing POP account with another ISP which I had planned to drop soon anyway, once deleted this freed up the POP server to use with BT Yahoo Mail.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 48

Go to solution
The server is mail.btinternet.com regardless. You can have multiple POP3 accounts in Outlook 2007 if you wish.
0 Ratings
Neurmech
Beginner
Message 6 of 48

Go to solution

:smileysurprised:Ok, so it seems.

The IMAP settings didn't work with Outlook 2007 for me then.

0 Ratings
Skier
Beginner
Message 7 of 48

Go to solution

Having migrated from BT's Yahoo servers to the BT Mail servers I am seeing precisely the same error.  I use Outlook 2010 and had previously used IMAP settings for BT Yahoo e-mail without issue.  I have 3 e-mail addresses set up in Outlook, 2 IMAP and 1 POP account. Having read various forums and spoken to BT support I have tried all of the following to no effect:

- Within Outlook separated IMAP and POP accounts in 'Send & Recieve' groups and switched off automatic send and recieve for the IMAP group.

- Changed my e-mail password

- Spoken with BT (in India or wherever they're located) - utterly inept and blaming Outlook rather than it's own servers.  Funny how I didn't have this issue with BT Yahoo settings and don't have it with a Gmail account.

Good luck all.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 48

Go to solution

Make sure you have the correct settings

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/346,6588,6591

0 Ratings
Skier
Beginner
Message 9 of 48

Go to solution

Er, thanks.  I came across these settings in searching for a solution.  If I didn't have the correct settings I wouldn't receive e-mail at all. This isn't an issue with Outlook settings (they're set as prescribed by BT and other IMAP accounts work), this is an issue being seen by many and can only be at BT's end.

0 Ratings
STX1300man
Contributor
Message 10 of 48

Go to solution

Yes, this is driving me crazy too.

I use Windows Mail via IMAP.

My settings are as per BTs help pages, using mail.btinternet.com despite still beng on Yahoo email.

Syncing all my folders continually times out. Try again later and it may work or it may stop at a different folder.

Useless.

0 Ratings