cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Error Code

Over the last couple of weeks I have been getting error message 0x800CCCOD or 0x800408FC contact server. When I contacted a BT agent it seems as I am using Outlook 365 they cannot help me as they have only knowledge of BT WebMail. Surely this cannot be correct, can somebody please help me as this happens intermittently and is driving be mad trying to send and recieve email.  many thanks

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Error Code

That is correct, Outlook365 is not a BT product therefore the agents will have no knowledge of it. They can only assist with webmail which is a BT product.

When you experience the problem, are you able to access webmail or does that fail also?

If the problem only occurs intermittently, it is going to be extremely difficult to diagnose.

Although it shouldn't cause intermittent errors rather than complete failure, ensure you have the correct settings as detailed here 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Thank you for the advice. Its a pity that after the many years Ive been with BT and previously asked help this time it seems to be "Do it our way or ".. I monitor 2/3 addressess and I cant find a way on BT webmail except log off log on each time which is not ideal..again thank you

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Perhaps if you were to answer the questions posed further advice might be forthcoming.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Firstly apologies for not properly checking the info link

That now down I can confirm that the settings are as they should be for POP3. Also the webmail works fine each time I have tried it. Send/Recieve works when it feels like...I find it very strange that after so many years of using Outlook 365 it suddenley goes wrong for no real reason 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

@CJtheDJwrote:

Over the last couple of weeks I have been getting error message 0x800CCCOD or 0x800408FC contact server. When I contacted a BT agent it seems as I am using Outlook 365 they cannot help me as they have only knowledge of BT WebMail. Surely this cannot be correct, can somebody please help me as this happens intermittently and is driving be mad trying to send and recieve email.  many thanks

These are M$ error codes, so hardly to be expected that BT will offer much help.

Googling either code produces lists of possible causes, which you might care to work through, and report back if you find a solution. Personally I avoid M$ software whenever I can.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

If you look through the forum you will find that the vast majority of email client users that have a problem seem to be using Outlook in one version or another.

There are few if any complaints from users who use other email clients. I am aware that some of the regular users of the forum use the BlueMail or Thunderbird email clients without any problems so it may be worth trying one of them to see if your problem persists. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Yes I had checked Google for error code..it states Server Error so I went to B T as I belive they are my server..Please forgive me but I m no techy and only go by what I read and know no better than Windows software

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

The error code is when Outlook is unable to access the server, so as said previously, it is going to be very difficult to track down if it is only intermittent. If you can access webmail successfully, it indicates that there is not a problem with your account

Outlook 365 does seem to have more than its fair share of problems.

I still use Outlook2010 and have to say that it is rock solid.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

@CJtheDJwrote:

Try this (from the horse's site)

Microsoft Office 365 0x800ccc0e error 

0 Ratings