cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Error message TS-0003

Hi @mikelow 

From what I can gather and I'm no expert they use server ip addresses in the USA and Singapore.

It's possible that you have been changed onto an ip range that is marked as unsafe or even blacklisted.

Do they offer a way within the browser to refresh your ip or disconnect and reconnect the vpn?

This might change over the ip and you would then be on one that is allowed access, as I feel was the case previously when you used this browser to access your emails.

Thanks

Stuart

Message 12 of 18

I'm not aware of any particular way to refresh the ip , but have tried several times to close the browser and re-open it again with no success in resolving the issue.

I have noted ip address on last 3 attempts as follows:-

My local ip was unchanged at 147.148.250.33 every time.

I have sent there support a message this evening advising them of the problem and await a response.

Regards,

mikelow

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Stuart,

Further to my earlier reply I have received the following response from the administrators of the Puffin browser:-

"Hi,

Puffin is a remote browser with sessions running on our Linux servers located in the US and Singapore. 

Please ask your ISP to allow following ip addresses from Puffin servers: 

"45.33.128.0/20",

"101.127.206.0/23",

"101.127.208.0/23",

"107.178.32.0/20"

Puffin auto connects to the most suitable server to serve the best performance. To change the connected server manually, you can try to click "reconnect to server" in the Puffin menu or reinstall Puffin. But sometimes Puffin connects to the same server again since it is the most suitable one."

I'm not sure if the ip addresses they mention are all they use, as checking ip at the moment suggests the browser is on 45.33.132.45 

Not sure if there's anything you can do from your end to allow the servers??

Regards,

Michael Low

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Having the same problem.  What is the rationale for this does anyone know?  It's perfectly legitimate and reasonable to run a vpn.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

@tmarsh12345 wrote:

Having the same problem.  What is the rationale for this does anyone know?  It's perfectly legitimate and reasonable to run a vpn.

There is no problem with using a VPN.

The problem occurs when the VPN uses blacklisted IP addresses in their routing system. Because the IP address is blacklisted, which often means it has been used for sending spam, BT and other ISP providers choose not to allow those IP addresses to access their network.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

OK but I've been using a vpn for years and have been with BT for years so just wondering why now? I'll change servers and see if that has an effect.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

I have been receiving this error message for the last two days.  I have been using the  AVG VPN for some years with no problem.  I have the same VPN on my phone which can still receive BT email.

What is the solution?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

I have just changed the location of my VPN, and found I could log into email from the new location.  I then reverted to my original location and this seems to have cured the problems, as I can now log in to BT email from the original location.

0 Ratings