cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
specialspider
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Error message when blocking senders

For some reason spam has not been getting filtered and has been going into my inbox over the last 3 weeks.  I was blocking some of the senders of these emails but i think i have overdone it. When i try to view blocked senders i get a error message "An error occurred while showing your email settings. I get the same message when i use the block button when viewing emails.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Keithn9
Message 2 of 11

Re: Error message when blocking senders

I too am experiencing the same thing, and all my existing blocked addresses have disappeared. keithn9
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Diean
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

There is currently a fault, which BT are aware of and are trying to work out.

Please check out what is being said here: Spam Filter Not Working

0 Ratings
Snowbird
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

This error message is still appearing I have contacted BT help to sort it out hopefully soon
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

I also have this problem on one of my accounts. The previously blocked addresses are no longer there and no new ones can be added.

This would appear to be a widespread problem and may be related to the spam issues that are also happening with the email system.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about the problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Hi guys,

Sorry for the increased amount of spam you're receiving and that you're unable to add any more addresses to your blocked list.

We're going to have to look at each of your issues individually to help sort this out.  Click on my username and you'll see the link to send over your details under the section "about me".

Cheers,

Robbie

PompeyMike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Hi BT mail has been compromised - the blocking /filtering does not work. 000's of people have this problem! Join the spam filter discussion to get more info and shove this issue further up the post list

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Just to update this thread. The block email address function now appears to be working. There is also a dramatic change in the amount of spam now being filtered out and being placed into the spam box where it belongs.

0 Ratings
andyman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

I found this thread when looking for an answer to the problem of blocking senders.

I've recently started receiving an avalanche of spam email, but when I try to block the sender(s), I'm getting an error message.

Is this a recurring problem that BT are having or what ? I noticed that the thread was started over a year ago and I would have thought that the problem would have been sorted by now. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

If you are blocking addresses you must enter a new name for every one that you block other wise it will give the error. Using the block won't stop your spam except from genuine companies. Most spam uses spoofed addresses and they won't be stopped by blocking them.

0 Ratings