cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Extremely slow eMail since the upgrade

Since the upgrade, Inbox folders are now appearing at the bottom of the list, out of alphabetical order.

Slow Email web pages Loading:  Since the upgrade, I have experienced slow loading on the web pages and login of BT Yahoo.  Also when you select an email to read is extremely slow to load.

Is this being investigated please ?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 11

Re: Extremely slow eMail since the upgrade

I have the same problem and have to close the emails and reopen for the site to get anything to happen. Trying to delete anything becomes a soulless task and search either brings up"unexpected error" or "search function is overloaded do not use body search"  If I cannot use the body search how can I search for anything. The previous system worked fine and was easy to use, why change ?

Also I need help on folders. Some of my folders were out of alphabetical order so I tried to move them into the correct position, as usual the site stopped working and I had to close and reopen. Now they have disappeared and are a sub folder of another folder, but I cannot find the folder they are in, how do I do this please. Failing any answers I have no choice other than to close my BT accounts and move email, broadband and phone to a system that works. Frankly I do not think BT care

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

I am hoping for a reply from BT 🤬

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

I am not holding my breath

Another problem for BT to solve, if I mark an email as spam and send it to the spam folder, why does the next email I get from the same sender not go automatically to spam as it use to.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

If no response, I’ll make a formal complaint. Then they have to respond.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 11

Hi @englishbullterrier 

You do know that the BT Community is Customer to Customer and that your posts don't go directly to BT?

You may want to take a look at https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Monstrous-new-BT-email-upgrade/m-p/2059071#M83642 as most of the issues with new Email Platform have been raised here and the Community Manager has replied.

Just to add you mention that the login to BT yahoo is slow. If you are still getting logged into BT Yahoo then you have not been upgraded to the new email platform. 

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

@oliveras9 wrote:

I am not holding my breath

Another problem for BT to solve, if I mark an email as spam and send it to the spam folder, why does the next email I get from the same sender not go automatically to spam as it use to.

Spam filters have to "learn" what is designated as spam. It does not necessarily mean that marking the email as spam will immediately designated it as spam. You should keep marking emails as spam and eventually the spam filter will "learn" . 

It may also be the case that the emails that you are marking as spam, although they are presenting the same email address to you they are actually coming from different email addresses. You should check the headers from the emails to see if that is the case. If it is means that every one of them is for all intents and purposes a "new" email and has not previously been marked as spam.

To do that, in your email list tick the box to the left of the email then go to "more" in the menu bar and in the drop down box select "view source". This will give you all the information about the email from its real email address through out its journey to your email inbox.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

I am on the new platform, and thanks for the information 👍👍👍

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Same sender same address, sent it 5 times now and new email still comes in to inbox rather than spam. How many times does it take to learn what is spam. Old system only required it to be done once.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

I still cannot believe how slow this new platform really is. Up to 20 seconds to load a single email and 30 seconds to change folders.

Surely BT don't think this is acceptable ?

0 Ratings