cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 14

Fed up of slow/non-delivery of email from/to BTinternet

Not for the first time I've received an email that I've wanted to pass on to my wife.  Hers is a sub-account of mine.

I forwarded an email containing a pdf attachment at 17.53.  It's now 22.16 and it has not arrived, and it's not in spam or bulk in case you ask.

The primary account is still on the yahoo platform.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: Fed up of slow/non-delivery of email from/to BTinternet

As a follow up I re-forwarded the same message with a few bcc's and all arrived within a few minutes.  How does one start to analyse why the first one disappeared and why was there no failure message?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
herrbohnen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Sorry for the inconvenience.

You've stumbled upon an unexpected, temporary problem. Performing your action again in a few moments will likely resolve the problem completely. If not, we suggest you try re-launching BT Yahoo Mail.

If the problem persists, feel free to contact Customer Care about Error Code 16.

Temporary error: 16
0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 14

This is more than temporary.  I regularly send test emails and it is not uncommon for them not to arrive and no delivery failure message.  My original email to my wife still hasn't arrived.

A few weeks back emails to my hotmail.com account disappeared into the ether and I got fed up of testing after a few day but any I send now arrive.  Those that were lost are still lost, it is not as if they are in a queue that has got chocked and is slowly clearing.

In my view the whole system, BT/Yahoo and no doubt others in particular, are trying to be too clever in their attempt to prevent spam but when I am sending from an authenticated account and server there is no excuse for it not to be delivered especially when to the same domain.

0 Ratings
NOT_HAPPY1
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

I have as of today renewed my contract with BT ( against my better judgement) after speaking to a UK based employee......take comfort from the email I sent BT  ( if they receive it of course  😞

0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 14

@NOT_HAPPY1 wrote:

Oh I'm sure BT UK are aware of the issue but the management don't seem to be in a position to get on top of it as they cannot control Yahoo on whose platform a lot of the email is handled and they haven't successfully managed to migrate to the alternative Critical Path platform despite however many years of trying.

The blunt fact is that as far as BTInternet are concerned email is a free add-on.  There's no money in it, there's lots of alternatives such as Gmail and it is just not worth spending a lot of effort and money on it. 

@However folk like me have had  @btinternet.com addresses since dial-up days.  It takes some weaning off - I keep getting ready to as I plan to move off of BT and then they entice me in for another year with a cheap 12 month deal.

But it is the total lack of any meaningful information that gets me.  Is there still a plan?  Is there still a timetable?  Or do they want us all to go to another email system?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

If you look at the BT email log on page you will see that BT are aware of the problem

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

You will also see on the main page of this forum, an announcement about the problems.

https://community.bt.com/

0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 14

gg30340: I'm not sure to whom you are responding but the login issues are not what I am talking about and apart from one spurious post is not what this thread, as per thread title, is about.

Isn't there anybody around who knows the bigger picture? 

Do you seriously have none of these issues?  Are you using btinternet for your main email?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

I was pointing out that BT are aware that there are issues with the email system and no I do not have any of the issues being reported on the forum as I suspect nor do the vast majority of the six million BT broadband users. I use a @btinternet email address and I am on the BTMail system having been migrated from BTYahoo a couple of years ago.

As you may be aware, this is a customer to customer forum so I doubt anybody has a view of "the bigger picture".

0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 14

ok but the issues were not those that I'm raising.  Yes I know this is a "customer to customer" forum and I am aware that mods frequent some of the forums and intervene and in fact I had an issue resolved a few years back that the folk in India did not seem to grasp.

I presume then that you are on the Critical Path platform and it performs satisfactorily. 

Having failed emails without notifications from one sub-account to another is in my book pretty poor and it would be interesting to know how many of the six million BT broadband users have btinternet mail, especially on the Yahoo platform, as their main email. 

0 Ratings