Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
aldersley
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Filing emails into designated folders

I view my emails via Chrome/webmail.  As well as a BT Yahoo account I pick up mails from another server.  Mails from this server I direct into a seperate folder.  Until recently this worked fine but now they are not downloaded from the server.  If I remove the instruction to file in this folder and instruct to put in my inbox it works fine.  What has changed?  What am I doing wrong?  It is so irratating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter J Aldersley
BEDWORTH UK
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Filing emails into designated folders

On mail options, take a look at "mail accounts" and check each additional account to make sure that the "use filters" box is ticked, its on the advanced settings just below "use ssl".

0 Ratings
aldersley
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

I have checked and that box was not ticked.  I have now ticked it and it makes no differance!  I thought that was only when you were sorting mails on things other than what account they were coming in eg I have a folder called GROUPON which all my emails coming in from GROUPON are filtered in to by ticking that box.

Peter J Aldersley
BEDWORTH UK
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@aldersley wrote:

I have checked and that box was not ticked.  I have now ticked it and it makes no differance!  I thought that was only when you were sorting mails on things other than what account they were coming in eg I have a folder called GROUPON which all my emails coming in from GROUPON are filtered in to by ticking that box.

I thought that it was from another POP account as you said "As well as a BT Yahoo account I pick up mails from another server.  Mails from this server I direct into a seperate folder"

In that case you would need the box ticked, and a rule set up to direct it to the correct folder. I have four accounts set up that way, and mail is directed to the correct folder.

One thing you have to be aware of, is that rules are applied from the top of the list of rules towards the bottom. So its worth checking the list to see if anything is overriding your settings.

I have a rule which I always keep at the bottom, which sends any mail that does not match any rule, to a "probably spam" folder.

0 Ratings