cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jillyd
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Finding log in history on new BT Mail

My account changed from Yahoo to the new BT Mail last month. Back in March when I was still with BT Yahoo, I was hacked and realise that once that has happened there's not much that can be done about the hacker continuing to use your contacts as they have taken them away from your account and can use them whenever they like.

However I had 80 returned mail failure messages today and just wanted to be sure that they are from the old hacking incident and that a new hacker hasn't got in since the change over, but I cannot see anywhere to view the log in history. Can anyone help please?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Finding log in history on new BT Mail

The Login History was a Yahoo facility.  I would suspect that BT Mail is unlikely to have the facility.

Attempts in the past to get BT to implement user suggestions have met with failure.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

The returned emails are likely to be unconnected with the hacking of your account. Spammers regularly present genuine addresses as the bogus source of their work; it's not necessary to hack the victim's account, just to have the address. They send messages to large numbers of randomly generated addresses, some of which will not be genuine resulting in messages bouncing back to the address they borrowed. It usually dies down once the spammer has moved on to use someone else's address.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
jillyd
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the info. Yes it would be great if BT actually looked at user suggestions, there's a wealth of knowledge and good advice just waiting to be used.
0 Ratings
jillyd
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the reply, I guess I'll never know if it's a new hacker or not. It would be good if BT could give us the facility to see the history.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
duerded
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

> It would be good if BT could give us the facility to see the history.

Today, most of us would just be grateful to see our emaiils 🙂

0 Ratings