cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Flickr hyperlink and error 553

Go to solution

After many years of being able to include Flickr hyperlinks in my emails I now find that I can no longer do so and get the 553 error message. It's only happening with Flickr hyperlinks and only on my laptop with Windows 10 using webmail. The problem is not there using my ipad with the Bt app.

I contacted BT technical support and their immediate solution was bizarre enough to be funny.  They said I should always introduce a space within the hyperlink so that it's not recognized as a hyperlink.   That got me quite annoyed with the result that the case got elevated to Level 2 and a friendly Bt person called me within an hour. She said it's not an unknown issue and it will be sorted within a couple of days.

Has anyone else had this happen with a particular hyperlink? It's annoying because if there is a Flickr hyperlink anywhere in an email it won't get sent but also anyone that sends me a Flickr hyperlink gets an error too and I don't get their email.

It's only an issue with my Bt email.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Flickr hyperlink and error 553

Go to solution

Hi @Mk11,

Thank you for posting. You should be able to include the Flickr hyperlinks in your emails. If you send me your details, I'll be able to ask my colleagues in the email team to investigate.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Thanks Paddy, they did say they will fix it within a couple of days, so in the meantime I can use the ipad. Hopefully I won't need to respond to your offer of assistance. Regards. Mike
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
It's fixed! To be honest with you I was expecting it to be sorted fairly quickly after the girl from Level 2 rang me. I posted here for two reasons, one was curiosity about others who have had similar issues and secondly because the advice from the original adviser that I should cut up the hyperlinks with spaces and the recipients reassemble them was surreal and worthy of passing on to other readers on this group for their amusement!