cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 14

Re: Forgotten security answers and cannot reactivate account

@msoumelwrote:

The account hasn't been deleted, I am still using it daily.  It was suspended this morning. This is really frustrating as I use the account with banks, utility companies, etc.  and I can no longer access it or reset it!

BT seem to run a robot that deletes accounts that are not associated with a BT Broadband account or BT Premium Email. You post is fairly common in these forums.

If you've not got any backups of contacts or important emails, then you may have lost the lot.

However, if a moderator sees your post - you may get it backm but it's a long shot. You may have to have it converted to BT Premium Email, and hence pay £7.50 per month on a rolling month. So if this does happen, set up a Gmail account, tell all your contacts and website accesses - and after a few months you should be fine to stop the btinternet account.

0 Ratings
msoumel
Beginner
Message 12 of 14

Thank you for all the answers. 

The message I receive states that the account has been suspended, not that it has been deactivated, deleted or that it doesn't exist.  So I believe the account still exists.  I just need to find a way to reactivate it.

I used to receive an email on a separate email address to reset passwords.  Is there a way of requesting the same now?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 14

Unfortunately you won't be able to though, because even if it does still exist it shouldn't do, hence there is no route to reactivate it.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Hi @msoumel,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the BT Community!

Sorry to see you're having problems accessing the mailbox.  The advice the guys gave you on here is spot on.  To keep the account active the mailbox needs to be either associated to a BT Broadband account or set up as Premium Mail.  I can't promise at this moment that I'll be able to get it back up and running again but it'll do no harm double checking it for you.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings