cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Forwarded gmails to BT rejected - 554 Message rejected

My wife and I use a joint Gmail address for joint services and gmail is then setup to forward the messages to her BT email.  This has worked fine for years until recently the emails from our local council are getting bounced back with the following message.

Message not delivered

There was a problem delivering your message to <email address>. See the technical details below.
The response from the remote server was:

554 Message rejected on 2021/11/18 18:02:23 GMT, policy (3.2.1.1) ID (60C2B5E1238E2315) - Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM

I'm not going to get anything changed at our local council and I doubt that the issue is with gmail.  Once upon a time I would be able to whitelist but I believe that is no longer possible.  Anyone able to get the details to someone at BT to look at?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Forwarded gmails to BT rejected - 554 Message rejected

You can whitelist by adding the sending account to your safe senders list which can be found in the BTMail settings as has already been pointed out in your previous thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/False-positive-email-rejected-as-spam/m-p/2146696#M93610

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Cheers - they've brought it back from when I last looked.  Good move. 

Nonetheless a forwarded email from a reputable government body should not be being rejected by a reputable UK ISP.

I'd still like to see someone look at the internal filtering.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

It has always been there!

0 Ratings