Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tarbat
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Getting Premium Email

Go to solution

We're leaving BT, but need to keep our existing email address for a while.  Talked to the operator on 0800 number, and she sorted out everything for the cancellation except email.  She said we need to switch to PREMIUM EMAIL, which I already knew, but that she couldn't do that, I have to do it online.

I went to the BT site to do this, but it says:

"We can't place your order to move to BT Premium Mail as you're already a BT Broadband customer with free email."

So, how do I keep my BT email address?  Currently on BT Yahoo Mail, and don't want to lose my email address when we switch to the new ISP on 23rd Feb.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Getting Premium Email

Go to solution

The email address won't be deleted immediately (it may not be deleted at all, but don't rely on on that).  Just place your order for Premium mail after you have switched.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

You should be automatically offered the Premium email service once your cancellation with BT is completed.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@tarbat you can order Premium Mail on this link. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
tarbat
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@NeilO wrote:

@tarbat you can order Premium Mail on this link. 

And that gives me the error message ""We can't place your order to move to BT Premium Mail as you're already a BT Broadband customer with free email."

As others have advised, I'll wait until I've switched and hope that I don't lose the email address immediately.  I don't understand why BT say in the email "When you move your phone line and broadband, you'll lose your BT email address - if you want to keep it, please let us know", when you let them know, and they can't do anything.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

When your cancellation is completed you will be notified and you will find that you can order Premium email via your MyBT.

0 Ratings