Did you mean: 
WoodInTheHouse
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

Ghost emails | Incorrect unread counter

Go to solution

@SeanD @DanielS 

Hi team,

I have a problem with a ghost email which started over a month ago. I use both BT mail on my iPhone and via Chrome on my laptop.

For some time, the Inbox Unread mail counter (both on mail screen in iPhone and in the left-hand inbox bar in Chrome interface) has been showing '3' unread messages, which seem to be ghost messages, as when I look at the inbox itself, there are none which are actually unread. A few days ago, this unread counter increased to 4, yet there are still no unread messages in my inbox.

I’ve seen users with similar issues like this, and they got the mods in. The problem is clearly with BT Mail as this is where the extra message count shows up. Maybe it needs Yahoo tech intervention in the back end? Please help, to get this unread message back down to reflect the true reality.

Thanks guys! I'm on hand to give you more account deets via DM if needed.

Matthew

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Ghost emails | Incorrect unread counter

Go to solution

Currently the mods are prioritising help to the vulnerable and elderly who are having phone and internet problems so unlikely you will get any assistance for some time as ghost email low priority

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
WoodInTheHouse
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

@SeanD @DanielS 

Hope the mods can help when they've finished serving other customers, or flag this issue to whoever in the back end.

I am available on DM in case you need further details and my email account.

Thanks so much, stay safe.

Matthew

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @WoodInTheHouse,

Welcome to the Community.  I am sorry you are having problem with the read counter on your email account, very strange issue indeed.

I can't shed any light on to what is causing this problem but I am sure we can help get to the bottom of it.  As Imjolly has mentioned we are very busy at the moment and are prioritising some work over others, however, we would be happy to try and help you with the issue you are experiencing, it just may take us a little longer to get to as we would like.

I have dropped you a private message with advice on how to get in touch and what info we will need.  Please reply to my message so we can get your details into our queue.

I appreciate your patience while we get to you 😀

Cheers

Sean

JohnC2
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @WoodInTheHouse  thanks for sending over your details. I wanted to check if anything has changed since you contacted us?
Do you have many emails in your inbox? If not would it be possible to mark them as unread and then read each one if this can be done quickly? Obviously, if you have a full inbox then there is no need to bother with this.

Cheers
John 

0 Ratings
WoodInTheHouse
Beginner
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 

Nothing has changed sadly. Still 4 unread mails which are not there. I only have 10-15 total at any time in my inbox. I tried the little trick you mentioned but it didn't help things I'm afraid.

Let me know what can be done next.

Matthew

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @WoodInTheHouse thanks for trying that for me and I'll see what I can find out about this issue for you and update you as soon as I can.

cheers
John

0 Ratings
WoodInTheHouse
Beginner
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

@JohnC2 

Super! Appreciated. If you need screenshots, more details or what not, don't hesitate.

Matthew

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @WoodInTheHouse  I've just had some information back on this from the email team. They have asked if you have Category view (Called “Organise By Thread” in iOS  Settings-> Mail Settings) and toggle that setting. 

If that doesn't work, can you confirm what you see on WebMail? Don't post any personally identifiable information.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
WoodInTheHouse
Beginner
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 

I toggled the Category View on my iOS but it sadly didn't change anything on my phone nor on BT's WebMail, here is how it looks in WebMail. There are no unread messages, but unread counter shows 4 (as it does on my phone too).

Thanks,
Matthew

WebMail.jpg

0 Ratings