cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Gifted Accounts

Go to solution

Hi, when i hover my cursor over the INBOX heading of my wife's gifted email account it shows she has over over 32k  emails, of which over 5k of them are marked showing  as unread.  The issue i have is that my wife has just purchased a new iphone and the BT email account on her mobile is starting to return all the unread emails.  These by the way had been previously been deleted on her old iphone.   Is there any way as account holder i can clear the inbox emails so that only any new emails are received on my wifes  phone

Thank you

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Gifted Accounts

Go to solution

It is irrelevant who is the account holder. Anybody can log in to an email address if they know the password. You have no more access or functionality than anyone.

Just login to webmail and delete the mails.

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

It would appear that your wife's old phone's email app was set up as a POP3 account, which would appear to have been set to keep the emails on the server after having been downloaded.

Because it was a POP3 email account it does not synchronise with the BT servers (webmail and as such when she deleted the email from her phone, it would not be deleted from the BT servers hence the inordinate number of emails still in her inbox.

If you want to synchronise the email account on her phone with the BTMail (webmail) on the servers you should set up her phone's email app as an IMAP account. That would mean that if she deletes an email on her phone it will be deleted from the BT servers (webmail) and like wise if she sends an email from the phone it will show in her sent folder on the BT servers (webmail).  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you for your help. All sorted 

0 Ratings