cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bordy
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Given bt email to daughter but we cannot activate as she has a BTID already with that email

Stupidly I broke the rule - if it isn't broke , don't try and fix it. So I have "given" my daughter her email address which she's been using happily for many moons , thinking this would be useful as she's now 26..... Unknown to me she already has a BTID setup  with this very email address - suspect this may have been set up when she phoned BT as she'd forgotten her password , as it's got all her personal info in.So in my account I now have :-

Bordy_0-1653563821102.png

So follow the link and use option below :-

Bordy_1-1653563924442.png

Bordy_2-1653564203093.png

As above - title is "Create a BT ID" which is incorrect - and asks for "new" details . Feels incorrect as we've just logged into an existing account as selected on the initial screen above. BUG !  We actually filled them in just out of interest , and when hitting the continue button got 

Bordy_3-1653564503571.png

I've looked for help on the forums but a lot of the posts are a few years old , and I think the frontend of the "manage email" within BTID has changed . The email is still working , so not locked out thankfully . Any help or advice gratefully accepted .  In future my old rule "If it ain't broke , don't fix it will be applied to all things BT where email is concerned ..............

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Given bt email to daughter but we cannot activate as she has a BTID already with that email

If she already has a BTID with the email address has she/you tried logging onto MyBT with her BTID which is her email and password?

If she can log on she should check "My Products" then "Manage Email" to see if the email address is showing there.

0 Ratings
Bordy
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Re: Given bt email to daughter but we cannot activate as she has a BTID already with that email

Bordy_0-1653652675339.pngMany thanks for responding GG . Going into "Your Products" just gives the above . ie she has no products showing at all. Interestingly when I do the same with another email address from my own account which I have not "given away" in the same way as I have to my daughter, so log into MyBT with email name and password , it's different to above , as it simply puts me straight into the email application. So there is a difference , though only in what I see , not in the functionality itself. 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

When you first set up your daughter's email account did you "gift"  (affiliate) it to her as per the attached link?

How do I create and activate a new BT Email address? | BT Help

When you log onto your MyBT and go to you "Your Products"  and scroll down to "Email, manage" how many "Active" email addresses is it showing that you have and is your daughter's email address there?

If it is not there, scroll down and check if there are any "Email addresses you have given to friends and family"  and is there are is your daughters email address there?  

If it is not showing any where in your MyBT and as your daughter does not have any email option in her "My Products"  it may be that the email account has become disassociated from your broadband account and will need BT intervention to re-associate it to your account and to set it up as an affiliated account on your daughter's MyBT.

0 Ratings