cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Gmail emails not arriving in my bt email inbox

Go to solution

Hello all. Has anyone else had a problem with emails from Gmail not arriving? I am aware that a few emails recently from a Gmail address haven't arrived in my inbox (I've checked Spam). I've also tried emailing myself (at my btinternet.com address) from my gmail.com address with no success. I've checked my BT email settings - nothing obvious showing there. From what I can see, this has only started in the last couple of weeks or so (emails from Gmail addresses were coming through to my BT address up to  about the 25th October 2021). Thanks.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Gmail emails not arriving in my bt email inbox

Go to solution

Have you checked your blocklist to see if gmail.com domain has been added? If so you will need to remove that entry.

Message 3 of 15

Go to solution
Same for me. I am having lots of slow response from my BT email, so I think everything is just queuing up and it will come through eventually.
Not good and no news from BT about whats going on.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

just tried sending from Gmail to my Btinternet account and replying back and no problems and as fast as any other of my email accounts

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Yes.  I am on a committee with someone with a gmail address.  I received an email from him on 01-11-21.  

On 06-11-21 I emailed to ask for some information, he received my email. He replied, but I did not receive it.  He later sent me a screen shot as evidence and my email address was correct.  I said I had not got the email so he sent it again, but I still did not receive it.  

This morning 07-11-21 I asked him to send a test message and to type my email address in carefully rather than select it.  The test message did not arrive.  I then asked him to send the email to my work address and it arrived safely.  I forwarded this to my btinternet and it arrived without a problem (I had thought perhaps it was filtering it out for some reason).  

There is no reason why I would block this person or his email address as we need to be in contact on a regular basis.  However, in case it had happened accidentally I did check my blocked contacts, and my Rules and there is nothing that has blocked his emails from coming in.  I do not know what I can do now.  

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

jn_girl

When checking in the "Blocked" email section, check for the domain that the senders email is coming from ie gmail or yahoo etc. 

It may be that you have blocked it accidentally if you use the blocking button in the menu settings by selecting to block the domain rather than the sender. 

Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Thank you, but yes I have checked that.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

GG - I have gone through my blocked list again.  I have had a huge amount of spam over the last two weeks.  Mostly supposed McAfee subscription expiry notices which are from 'revshoping'.  Other friends have said the same.  Each time I have clicked "mark as spam and block sender."  The sender email address changes all the time even for what looks like the same message.  I can see now there is one on the list that just says "gmail.com".  Perhaps this is the way of these scammers.  I haven't ever blocked gmail.com, only ever selected "block sender", never "block domain".  Anyhow, I have removed it and asked my colleague for another test message.  This has come through to me just now.  Many thanks for your assistance.  

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

How do I find the List of what I have blocked as I have had same issue as you?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Settings > Mail > Blocked senders